Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Problem on Windows 2000 Server with AutoCAD 2002 installed on a Win 2

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
HexBinarius
209 Views, 1 Reply

License Problem on Windows 2000 Server with AutoCAD 2002 installed on a Win 2

We installed AutoCAD 2002 on a Win 2000 Pro computer and when the user log on the server, it takes 1 license on SMB Server (which is normal), but when we start AutoCAD, the number of license on this computer jumps up to 6 licenses (which is not normal). This cause problems because we have 9 computer to log on the server and we have 10 Win 2000 server licenses. What can I do to resolve this problem??

Thanks
Pierre-André Ducharme
Meubles St-Damase Inc.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: HexBinarius

Pierre-Andre -
Are you talking about the MS license logging service?? If you are ignore it, or turn the
(*&# thing off. I've heard a number of people from microsoft recommend that people turn
it off. It doesn't work right. It counts any tcp connection to the server as a license,
which is wrong! It doesn't even work with MSExchange server. It counts a connection for a
logon, plus 3 additional connections for exchange, 1 for DS, 1 for PrivIS and 1 for PubIS.
Since the new aldm uses tcp by default the stupid windows server counts each of those
connections as licenses. (I'm not sure why your getting 6, I only knew of 2 for the adlm,
but it doesn't matter.) When you launch acad the Flexlm contacts the server on port 27000
(by default) and asks it what other port to contact and the server replies 2080
(autodesk's default port). The client then contacts 2080 and establishes a license
(that's the two that I know of). I'm not sure where you are getting the other 4, but it's
probably normal. I've not checked the license logging service on my adlm server because I
shut the thing down, and I'll refuse to turn it back on until MS makes one that actually
works.

jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

"HexBinarius" wrote in message news:f07c80d.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> We installed AutoCAD 2002 on a Win 2000 Pro computer and when the user log on the
server, it takes 1 license on SMB Server (which is normal), but when we start AutoCAD, the
number of license on this computer jumps up to 6 licenses (which is not normal). This
cause problems because we have 9 computer to log on the server and we have 10 Win 2000
server licenses. What can I do to resolve this problem??
> Thanks
> Pierre-André Ducharme
> Meubles St-Damase Inc.
>
>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report