Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
adminlewis
629 Views, 2 Replies

License on VM

Hi,

anyone know if it's legal to work on a vmware virtual machine with Autocad LT installed and licensed by remote desktop on seven ?

--
my blog on windows server and linux
http://predellino.blogspot.com/
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: adminlewis

i think as long as you don't go over your number of licenses purchased i think you should be fine

but i could be wrong

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: adminlewis

I'd have to agree with Darren.  Autodesk supports the installation on virtual machines, especially XP VM for Windows 7 to maintain compatibility with pre Autodesk 2010 released products.  I'd have to say so long as you do not exceed your license use, it'd have to be okay.  The EULA is pretty clear about accessing it remotely though, so remote desktop may not be a supported licensed method in this case.  However, from what I learned at AU2010, that may be changing in the future.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report