Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
arnieowen
386 Views, 3 Replies

License Model

We have a number of consultants that need to open AutoCAD drawings and insert them into reports.  If we purchase one copy can we install onto a single machine and allow multiple logins to the resource or are we forced to purchase a copy/set for each named user?

Many thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hashim.mundol
in reply to: arnieowen

remote access violates the license agreement. there is another discussion about this here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Remote-desktopping-effectively-network-licensin...

if the requirement is only to view the drawing then you could use Design Review and/or DWG True view

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
arnieowen
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Many thanks for the prompt reply; I'm not considering remote access or any form of Terminal Services - I'm looking at a physical PC in the business unit's office where the team can log in and use a single installation of AutoCAD.  Guess the question is whether the software is licensed per PC or per user....

Arnie

Message 4 of 4
frhervet
in reply to: arnieowen

In this configuration, the answer is Yes.

Using AutoCAD in one pc is not depending of who is connect.

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report