Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Mnager Question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
blmorris
193 Views, 4 Replies

License Mnager Question

This may be a silly question, so
please forgive my ignorance. I am new to the Network Licensing for AutoCAD.

We have a server that is our License Server. I want to monitor and control the connections from my worstation without having to log on to the server directly. Can that be done with LMTOOLS?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: blmorris

Yes.

Install LMTOOLS on your machine. Connect using License File and point to servername@27000.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
blmorris

Awesome.

I tried that, but came up empty... But it did give me something to go on.

I ended up installing the LMTOOLS, setting a LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable as '27000@servername', and then launching the utility.

At that point, I can choose 'Configuration using License File' and go to my server status tab and do a succesful Inquiry.

Thanks or the help!
Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

Yeah, that is what I meant. My train of thought derailed. My bad. 27000@servername. Oops.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
JPM

For a cheap monitor, I created a batch file like this:

\\licenseserver\flexfile\lmutil.exe lmstat -c \\licensesever\flexfile\license -A >c:\temp.txt

type c:\temp.txt

pause

This opens a command window and shows me the activity going on for all licenses (I modified the command shell to get a larger window). I have an icon in my tray I just click on to run the bat file. Cheap and dirty.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report