Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Reply
*Levent Onen
Message 1 of 12 (291 Views)

license manager not releasing licenses timely

291 Views, 11 Replies
02-08-2006 12:06 PM
We are running LMTOOLS v. 10.1.5 on a Windows Server 2003 SP1 box for
sharing Autocad 2005 and Viz 2005 licenses.

The issue is that licenses are unavailable even several minutes after
Autocad users have shut down the program. Is there are setting to have
the license manager immediately release licenses when users shut Autocad
down. Alternatively is there a specific way users should quit the
program to avoid this delay.

Thanks.
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Posts: 10,146
Registered: ‎01-14-2005
Message 2 of 12 (291 Views)

Re: license manager not releasing licenses timely

02-08-2006 12:11 PM in reply to: *Levent Onen
The licenses won't be released if acad.exe is still running in the Task Manager on the client machine. Sometimes it doesn't exit cleanly.

Additionally, you can set the TIMEOUTALL function in the adskflex.opt options file for your products so that they will release when not in use.
Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Levent Onen
Message 3 of 12 (291 Views)

Re: license manager not releasing licenses timely

02-08-2006 12:58 PM in reply to: *Levent Onen
TravisNave wrote:
> The licenses won't be released if acad.exe is still running in the Task Manager on the client machine. Sometimes it doesn't exit cleanly.
>
> Additionally, you can set the TIMEOUTALL function in the adskflex.opt options file for your products so that they will release when not in use.

Hi Travis,

Thanks for your help. Where do i find the adskflex.opt file. I couldnt
locate it on the server and also do you have any info as to how to edit
this file? Thanks again.
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Posts: 10,146
Registered: ‎01-14-2005
Message 4 of 12 (291 Views)

Re: license manager not releasing licenses timely

02-08-2006 01:09 PM in reply to: *Levent Onen
You specifically have to create it. Then place it in the /License folder with your license file. Once there, you go into LMTOOLS and do a ReRead of your license file. This will activate the options file that you just created.

I have created one for you here. It is set to timeout the license after 15 minutes of not being in use. This is the minimum setting.

Unzip the file and place it here:

:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License

(or wherever your LM is installed with your license file.)

The file must be named adskflex.opt to work. You can find other additional options in the FlexLM manual.

http://www.macrovision.com/services/support_OLD/enduser/chap7.htm

Good Luck!
Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Levent Onen
Message 5 of 12 (291 Views)

Re: license manager not releasing licenses timely

02-08-2006 01:27 PM in reply to: *Levent Onen
TravisNave wrote:
> You specifically have to create it. Then place it in the /License folder with your license file. Once there, you go into LMTOOLS and do a ReRead of your license file. This will activate the options file that you just created.
>
> I have created one for you here. It is set to timeout the license after 15 minutes of not being in use. This is the minimum setting.
>
> Unzip the file and place it here:
>
> :\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License
>
> (or wherever your LM is
> installed with your license file.)
>
> The file must be named adskflex.opt to work. You can find other additional options in the FlexLM manual.
>
> http://www.macrovision.com/services/support_OLD/enduser/chap7.htm
>
> Good Luck!


Travis thanks very much for your time. I have copied the OPT file and
re-read the license. Do you know what the default Timeout value is
before applying the 900 second value. And is there a way to verify that
the opt file is passing the new timoutall value correctly to the server.

Thanks very much again.
*Jimmy Bergmark
Message 6 of 12 (291 Views)

Re: license manager not releasing licenses timely

02-08-2006 02:48 PM in reply to: *Levent Onen
Take a look at the log file and it will let you know:
19:35:46 (adskflex) ALL FEATURES: INACTIVITY TIMEOUT set to 900 seconds

--
Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark
CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com
Blog: http://jtbworld.blogspot.com
JTB FlexReport (FLEXnet / FLEXlm report tool) -
http://www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport



"Levent Onen" wrote in message
news:5081078@discussion.autodesk.com...
TravisNave wrote:
> You specifically have to create it. Then place it in the /License folder
> with your license file. Once there, you go into LMTOOLS and do a ReRead
> of your license file. This will activate the options file that you just
> created.
>
> I have created one for you here. It is set to timeout the license after
> 15 minutes of not being in use. This is the minimum setting.
>
> Unzip the file and place it here:
>
> :\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License
>
> (or wherever your LM is
> installed with your license file.)
>
> The file must be named adskflex.opt to work. You can find other
> additional options in the FlexLM manual.
>
> http://www.macrovision.com/services/support_OLD/enduser/chap7.htm
>
> Good Luck!


Travis thanks very much for your time. I have copied the OPT file and
re-read the license. Do you know what the default Timeout value is
before applying the 900 second value. And is there a way to verify that
the opt file is passing the new timoutall value correctly to the server.

Thanks very much again.
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Posts: 10,146
Registered: ‎01-14-2005
Message 7 of 12 (291 Views)

Re: license manager not releasing licenses timely

02-08-2006 03:07 PM in reply to: *Levent Onen
Agreed...

There is no default value per se. That is what the option file is for.
Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Jason Birch
Message 8 of 12 (291 Views)

Re: license manager not releasing licenses timely

02-08-2006 08:21 PM in reply to: *Levent Onen
TravisNave wrote:
> Once there, you go into LMTOOLS and do a ReRead of your license file.

This doesn't directly apply but...

With the 2004 LM, I saw mixed results with re-reading the license file
with a .opt file present. Often it would start messing up the number of
licenses actually available, and not grant licenses even when it showed
several available.

I've been gun-shy about using the re-read option since, and generally
just start/stop the service since the clients don't seem to have any
problems with short downtimes.

Actually that's not exactly true. Some users have reported that their
automatic savebacks get re-enabled when they get a temporary license
timeout. This can cause problems, but there's less impact on the users
than not being able to check out licenses at all. Especially if I
disappear just before they report the problem. :smileyhappy:

Jason
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Posts: 10,146
Registered: ‎01-14-2005
Message 9 of 12 (291 Views)

Re: license manager not releasing licenses timely

02-09-2006 06:34 AM in reply to: *Levent Onen
Interesting observation Jason. I can't say I have ever experienced any problems with the LM from 9.22 or 10.1.5 when performing a re-read. In fact, I use it all the time as I modify my adskflex.opt file while testing different scenarios.

Every situation is unique, as we all know. I have seen the LM do some strange things before.
Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*R.K. McSwain
Message 10 of 12 (291 Views)

Re: license manager not releasing licenses timely

02-10-2006 05:25 AM in reply to: *Levent Onen
Levent Onen said the following on 2/8/2006 2:06 PM:
> We are running LMTOOLS v. 10.1.5 on a Windows Server 2003 SP1 box for
> sharing Autocad 2005 and Viz 2005 licenses.
>
> The issue is that licenses are unavailable even several minutes after
> Autocad users have shut down the program. Is there are setting to have
> the license manager immediately release licenses when users shut Autocad
> down. Alternatively is there a specific way users should quit the
> program to avoid this delay.
>
> Thanks.

Also see: http://support.autodesk.com/Getdoc.asp?ID=TS83137


--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.