Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License management and work vs home copies

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tmuntz
834 Views, 7 Replies

License management and work vs home copies

Hello, 

I have recently started work at a new employer and they need help figuring out which computers on the network contain which licenses. They have purchased nine seats of design premium but throughout the history of the company licenses have been moved/switched/misplaced etc. Is there a network tool that can help easily identify which computers on the network are using which seat?

Also, 

I have heard of a work copy and home copy from the same license. Can someone elaborate on the difference between the two?

Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
aaronhai
in reply to: tmuntz

Hi tmuntz,

Welcome to Autodesk forum community.

Within LMTools (FLEXnet License Manager), you can see the snapshot of current license users by going to LMTOOLS > Server Status tab > Perform Status Enquiry.

If you are on Subscription, you can install a separate copy at home (on top of the copy in office).

Please refer to Pg 18 / Core Subscription Benefits / C(II) Home Use Rights under Autodesk Subscription and Subscription with Advanced Support Terms and Conditions here.

Let me know if that helps.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 8
tmuntz-b2e
in reply to: aaronhai

Thank you, I have installed LM on my local machine. When I follow your directions I receive the following error: 

The license files (or license server system network addresses) attempted are
listed below. Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file,
or contact your software provider for a license file.
Filename: C:\flexlm\license.dat
License path: C:\flexlm\license.dat;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-1,359. System Error: 2 "No such file or directory"
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

Should I be changing the path of the filename? 

Message 4 of 8
tmuntz-b2e

From what I understand:

1. I have registered with autodesk and now need to register each license online. 

2. Once registered I can download the LM file from autodesk and run with the flexera software.

3 I can then manage all license from the flexera software.

Is this sounding correct?

Message 5 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: tmuntz-b2e

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
aaronhai
in reply to: tmuntz-b2e

Hi tmuntz-b2e,

1. I have registered with autodesk and now need to register each license online. 

A: If you are on Network licensing, you do not need to register each license online. You can request for your network license here, set it up in License Server for it to serve licenses to your client machines.

2. Once registered I can download the LM file from autodesk and run with the flexera software.

A: Yes. Travis' post provide detail instructional steps in setting up the License Manager (Kudos to Travis :)). 

3 I can then manage all license from the flexera software.

A: All client will acquire license from the License Manager.

Thanks.

Aaron Hai
Message 7 of 8
tmuntz

I think my previous post may have been misleading. It looks as if we have purchased the multi-user standalone license with nine seats. Each user takes the same usb drive and installs on their local machine. My question is how can I tell which machines currently have this software installed. It sounds like the LM tools are for network licenses only. Is this correct?

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: tmuntz

Correct.  NLM is only for network.  If you have a 9-seat stand-alone, then you need to install and activate 9 seats.  The automated system will not let you activate more than you're allowed. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report