Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
josephwallace4950
362 Views, 7 Replies

license issue flexnet

Using acad map3d 2014

Can not figure this out.

Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FLEXnet license server manager could not determine where to find the licensing data it needs. Please choose one of the following:

Specify the License Server System

Specify the License File

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

1.  Do you have a network version?  If not, reinstall as stand-alone.

2.  If yes, Did you set up your license manager and verified that licenses for your product are available?

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

3.  Are your TCP ports opened in your firewall for 2080 and 27000?

4.  Can you PING your license server from the client and get the correct IPv4 address (not the IPv6)?

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

5.  Have you set the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE and FLEXLM_TIMEOUT system environment variables on the client?

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/0123a6ea-ec62-42c5-9611-0d40856c0438

Let me know what you find.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8

I'm just the end user, not a pusher.

Most of what you wrote went over my head. 

My systems administrator cant figure this out either but I will send him your reply.

I believe it is a network version with multiple licenses.  The users, located n another building, have no problem like this using acad. 

Message 4 of 8

It's probably a network connectivity issue then.  The FLEXLM_TIMEOUT variable will help with latency.  Your IT should understand how to implement that on the clients. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8

in LMtools at server/license I do not have anything in the open box for configuration

Message 6 of 8

That would be the LMTOOLS on the license server.  Do you know, or have access to, that server?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8

I am certain that I do not have privilages to that server.

Message 8 of 8

Hand off my steps to your IT then.  That should be enough to get pointed in the right direction.  Beyond that, I am here for any other details that might be needed.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report