Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Grant Order

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ajohnson
628 Views, 6 Replies

License Grant Order

We have 9 AutoCAD, 3 Revit and 2 BDS network licenses. Not all users use Revit, but when a machine requests an AutoCAD license, sometimes it gets the Revit or BDS license instead. Both the Revit and BDS licenses allow the user to run AutoCAD, but the problem is that when someone wants to run Revit, all the Revit and BDS licenses are taken by AutoCAD users. Is there a way to order the licenses in the license file so that AutoCAD licenses are granted first, then moving on to the Revit and BDS licenses if there are no more AutoCAD licenses available?
I'm not sure if it matters, but when we generate a FLM status report, it lists the BDS licenses first, then AutoCAD, and lastly the Revit licenses.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: ajohnson

try putting autocad at the top of the license file

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
TravisNave

In the license file, try putting your AutoCAD seats first before the other series.  Then make sure that you install AutoCAD from the AutoCAD media on those users that you want to use AutoCAD. 

You could set up an adskflex.opt options file to help reserve or disallow access to particular seats for users. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

i know there is a known issue with the building suites not cascading correctly: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/autodesk-suites-building-design-suite-2012-doesnt...

but it looks your is the opposite

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
ajohnson
in reply to: TravisNave

How do you do this?

You could set up an adskflex.opt options file to help reserve or disallow access to particular seats for users.

Message 6 of 7
DarrenP

read this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Managing-the-adskflex-opt-Options-File/td-p/307...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
ajohnson
in reply to: DarrenP

I did move the AutoCAD licenses up.  I'll keep you posted as to whether that works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report