Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License File\Server prompt after license lease expires

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
navcan
332 Views, 1 Reply

License File\Server prompt after license lease expires

Good day all, So in short, 4 weeks ago we replaced our redudant Autocad licensing server with a single server. We went from having : SERVER1(Master), SERVER2 and SERVER3 to just having SERVER1. Yes, the 'new' server has the same hostname as the 'old' Master server. We got the new license files and all that fun stuff.

We did the flip (powered down the 3 'old' servers and brought the 'new' server online) and everything seemed fine and working.

The following Monday users started to report they were getting prompted to specify a license file or license server. At first I suspected DNS issues, but we checked and double checked and DNS was updating fine and the clients could communicate with the 'new' license server fine. We found out that if the user entered the license server name twice (so they entered it click next - it would come back with a failure message - kill Autocad and re-enter the license server name again and click next) it would work fine... until the lease would run out (which I think is for 1 week), where they would be prompted once again (which when they enter the lic. server info twice, it works fine for 1 week).

We have a few ideas that we are currently testing out, but would like to bounce this one off folks here in case they have had this issue before.

Right now we are looking at the client side of things to ensure there are no more references to the old license servers (SERVER2 and SERVER3) - would this be a potential cause to the issue?

License server details - Windows 2008 R2 - FlexLM v11.11.0.0 106800 (95 licenses available)

Client details - Windows 7 ENT - Autocad 2011

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: navcan

Server2 and Server3 could be referenced in the registry setting or the LICPATH.LIC in the root of the Autodesk application.  You might double-check there.  I would also recommend setting the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable and set it to the new server.

Are the other two servers retired too?  If so, you could make DNS aliases for those and point to the new single server.  Just a thought.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report