Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License file appending Increment information

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ryan.ellmers
1718 Views, 3 Replies

License file appending Increment information

I have registered 2 serial numbers and received 2 license files. I have seen instructions that indicate that I can simply append one's INCREMENT info into the other license file, but when I do so, I gain no additional seats with my single network license server (Windows). Is there a specific place to cut/paste the INCREMENT info?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: ryan.ellmers

Yes, if the license files were created on the same date, then you should just be able to add the INCREMENT portion to the other license file and it will show combined in LMTOOLS.  For everything you need to know about this, check my link here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

You can also check your license files on www.licenseparser.com

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
ryan.ellmers
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for the reply. In my case, I needed to add the package information as well because they are separate serial numbers. Adding just the increment portion of the license file did not provide the second license availability through the license server. The tool at http://licenseparser.com/ was a huge help in figuring that out.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: ryan.ellmers

Right.  If they are not identical products, then you also need the PACKAGE.  If you had identical products, then you could just append the INCREMENTS alone underneath the one common PACKAGE.  Glad you are up and running!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report