Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License export ability

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
silas.salazar
400 Views, 5 Replies

License export ability

How do I grant someone someone the ability to import a license using LTU?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: silas.salazar

Welcome to the community Silas!

It all depends on how you exported the license. From the LTU How-To

Private ExportThis is the default method and restricts the license import to your Autodesk ID to ensure it is not transferred to another person. Private exports automatically become public if not imported within 14 days.

Public ExportThis method means your license can be transferred to someone else running the same product and serial number, such as another user in the same company. To use this method, check “Make the license available as a public import”.

Please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional specifics as needed.

Message 3 of 6
silas.salazar
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks for the response Phillip. I believe I used the public option. Will the user at the other end need some type of login to complete the import?

Message 4 of 6
philip.s

You're welcome! The other user would simply need to enter the same serial number during the installation process and then use their Autodesk ID / password to access the license via the LTU.

If nothing is showing as available, then chances are the license was privately exported (default) in which case you would want to log into the LTU on the users computer to access the license. 

Message 5 of 6
silas.salazar
in reply to: philip.s

Great, one more question (I promise). If a computer with C3D installed is being renamed should the license be exported beforehand? Thx

Message 6 of 6
philip.s

No worries / keep them coming 🙂

The computer name should not have an impact on utilizing the LTU as the system is only looking at the current status (can't export if the SN is already exported from a different machine), serial number (needs to match up with the one used on the install) and the user.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report