Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
PJepson
639 Views, 6 Replies

License error

Have been an AutoCAD LT user since 1995 and am currently using the 2009 version with a single user license. Last October I purchased a new computer and used the Tranfer Utility to move the license from the old computer to the new. There was some difficulty in activation but this was eventualy resolved with a new activation code obtained from Support. All has been ok until Wednesday of last week when, out of the blue, on starting the program, I got the message: "Verifying license....." followed by "License Error" and then being told that reactivation was required. I have absolutely no idea why this should have occurred. On trying automatic reactivation I received the message that no further activation code was available and so I used the facility to obtain this manually from Support. This generates what I take to be an auto email reply with a Case No. and the invitation to provide more information by replying to the email. Unfortunatley the process has not worked. It would seem that Support have ignored the information that I have provided. I have so far received two replies: the first did provide an activation code but, unfortunately the request code had changed when I went to use this and so it was of no use. The second email response followed a further request and asked me why a reactivation was required. I naturally responded straight away but have, so far received nothing back. The current sitaution is that the program has now stopped working which has the very serious consequnce that I am unable to conduct my business. So, clearly, I am somewhat desparate for assistance to resolve this issue.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
camilo.lemos
in reply to: PJepson

Hi PJepson and welcome to the forums.

Could you please send me your serial number and request code via private message (click on my screenname camilo.lemos and then on Send Private Message). 

I will have a look at this issue for you.

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 7
PJepson

Many thanks for the quick reponse. However, I have now resolved the problem by telephoning the Autodesk UK number which routed me to a very pleasant support lady who was able to email a new activation code to me. I did ask her why the problem should have arisen and she said it may be to do with my operating system now being Windows 8 and an incompatibility with AutoCAD LT 2009. It is odd, however, that this has arisen now, some 4 months after installation on a new computer. Is there likely to be a repeat of the same issue in the future?

Message 4 of 7
camilo.lemos

Hi PJepson,

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

I wouldn't say it's likely to happen in the future again, but with an unsupported OS different unexpected issues can occur.

In case the issue comes up again, please feel free to contact me directly here on the forums via PM.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 7
rwilkins

Having the same issue and need some help

Message 6 of 7
PJepson
in reply to: rwilkins

Hi. The problem that I had persisted and I am sorry to tell you that I only resolved it by biting the bullet and purchasing the latest version of AutoCAD LT. I now pay the subscription so that I am always up to date.

Message 7 of 7
camilo.lemos
in reply to: rwilkins

Hi @rwilkins and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Can you please give us more details on the issue you are experiencing? The issue described on this thread was complex and had different smaller issues related to it. Can you please let us know exactly what your issue is and any errors messages that you may be getting?

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report