My LMGR is a Win2k3 Server and it is a virtual machine (by Virtual Server 2005 R2 Sp1) into a physical DC Win2k3 server.
I've created installation packet of Autodesk Electrical 2011 and I've installed it on a client (WinXp Sp3) on the same domain of DC Win2k3 Server.
When I click on Autodesk Electrical 2011 icon on the desktop, I see the same error of rkidwell (first message).
I ask to Product Support an help to solve my problem.
Mr. Giuseppe Mianulli
Make sure that your MAC address of your virtual machine's NIC is set manually and that it matches the address listed in your LIC file. Make sure that your NLM is running and shows licenses of your 2011 product are available. Then ping the NLM server from your client and ensure that you have a proper IPv4 response. Your product should launch.
thanks for your reply, very interesting!
About NLM, I've installed on my Lmgr Server 2011 version.
About MAC address of my virtual machine's NIC, it is set as a dynamic address but in my lic file, it is listed correctly.
If I change it from dynamic to static, I think it doesn't change...is it correct?
Tomorrow (today I'm not in my office) I'll test ping from client to Lmgr server but I think it is ok.
Thank you for now.
Mr. Giuseppe Mianulli
Yes, you want the ethernet hardware address to always be set manually on a VM machine. Otherwise when it mysteriously decides to change itself, your LIC will be invalid. Good luck!
Thank you for the information in message 12 about the virtual servers. It helped me resolve this [0.0.0] licensing error, "Valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager. [0.0.0]", on a telephone call today.
The end user wanted me to update this thread with our solution, as he found a “why”, so to speak, to explain the issue from his side of things, and I want to update this because we do not have it documented anywhere else yet.
In this case: The end user was trying to launch AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 from the Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2012. (I do not know if other products from the suite had been tried yet. I do not believe they had since this was a new configuration that never worked yet.)
- The server is a virtual server running on a physical server. Virtual Machine (VM) running on VMware vSphere 4.0 (would also apply to also ESX 3.5, vSphere 4.1 etc).
- The MAC Address that was being reported by the virtual server matched the MAC Address in the license file.
- The LMTOOLS server status enquiry said that it was running and issuing the correct number of seats.
- The LICPATH.LIC file had the correct server host name in it.
What happened is (in the words of the end user): We had a physical server which we virtualized in a physical to virtual migration. The MAC that it kept for the virtual NIC was the physical MAC Address, as a result of the migration.
To resolve this issue, I converted it to a VMWare MAC Address instead of the physical MAC Address and set it to static. We got the new license file at www.autodesk.com/register, configured LMTOOLS with the new license file, and it worked.
Thanks again Travis. I am marking the post number 12 as an accepted solution. Best regards,
Excellent. Thanks for the update. Always glad to help. I've seen just about every odd situation that can happen with the NLM and with many customers moving to virtual machines, we'll probably see more of this in the future.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.