Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
CADguy82
464 Views, 7 Replies

License Configuration

Is it at all possible to split up the licenses so that LDD looks for a license in one location and Civil Design looks for a license in another?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: CADguy82

Why would you want to do this?!?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
CADguy82

We have 18 Land Desktop and 18 Civil Design licenses in our Pearl River office that we have 3 offices using (Pearl River, Goshen and Wappingers Falls). Our White Plains office has their own license server containing 6 Land Desktop Licenses but no Civil Design licenses because they have not needed to get into that part of Land Desktop until recently. I was wondering if it would be possible to have our White Plains office pull their Civil Design licenses from our license server instead of physically taking a number of our Civil Design licenses and putting them on the White Plains license server.
Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

Oh, yeah I understand now. Yes, this is very much possible and should work out just fine. As long as your White Plains office can see your License Manager on your WAN, there shouldn't be a problem at all. When you deploy the Civil, just point it to your server.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
CADguy82

Right...they can see our License Manager, I was curious as to how I would go about configuring it in the.lic file
Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

You don't actually have to configure the .lic file on your License Manager for this. You could modify the LICPATH.LIC file in the root of the program if it is present and have it point to your servername and MAC address. That should be enough to point those installations to your server.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8
CADguy82

Alrighty...Thanks

Ill let you know if I have any trouble with this
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Yes, you can "chain" license servers. Set the environment variable in the
login script, easy and flexible.

ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE=@first-lic-server;@second-lic-server

Juha

wrote in message news:5099363@discussion.autodesk.com...
Is it at all possible to split up the licenses so that LDD looks for a
license in one location and Civil Design looks for a license in another?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report