Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License check failure and unknown request code

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
425 Views, 3 Replies

License check failure and unknown request code

I downloaded autocad 2013 a few weeks ago and when i first opened it it didn't work properly when it got to the "please activate your product screen" and when i clicked on activate it came up with a blank white screen with a check box on it(but no words) and then failed to do anything. For 30 days i was able to just click on try and that would work fine. I have downloaded it free as i'm a student but didn't actually need the software until now, so i can't remember whether anything else weird happened but i have a slight memory that it said there was an error during installation but because the trial worked fine i just ignored it.

Now though, as i cannot use the trial anymore, when i launch autocad it says "first run initializing", then a load of file names and then freezes at "checking license" and opens a blank white window titled "Autodesk Licensing". It then stays like that and nothing happens and i cannot use the software.

In windows task manager it only shows the "Autodesk Licensing" window as being open and not the initial launch screen with the words checking license on it, which is frozen.

I need this software now to do my coursework and i have no idea how to fix it and no one else seems to have this exact problem. I also can't report it to autodesk because i have to provide a request code to tell them but i don't have it. I know my serial number and product key.

Any help would be great. thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Robbie it sounds like your experiencing a blank activation screen issue. Can you please go through the previously linked solutions and let us know if that resolves the issue?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

That was the issue i had originally, during the trial period, but i can't even get to that stage anymore, do you think that will still work? Also, if that is the right method for fixing it, is there no simpler way of doing it (like reinstalling completely?), i'm not very good with computers?

Thanks very much though

Message 4 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

This is a tough one to troubleshoot and yes, generally all of the solution steps are needed.

I have no idea if this will work but have you tried installing one of the other releases (2014 or 2012) to see if the same thing happens?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report