Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Borrow For Remote User

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
niranjan.singh
1019 Views, 7 Replies

License Borrow For Remote User

Hi,

I Need to Borrow a License for a User unfortunately we have forgot to borrow the license when he was connected with LAN, now my user is at remote location and want to use the AutoCad however he is not able to comunicate with License Server.

Is there any way to provide the Borrowing License file through mail?

Thnks

Niranjan

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: niranjan.singh

No.  If you have a VPN connection, that would work.  What product version are you using? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8

we are using Autocad 2010 and we are not using a VPN connection. Now my query is

1) If we will use the VPN connection then what will be the procedure to borrow it?

2) Is there any way to resolve this issue without connecting VPN?

Please help to resolve this issue.

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

Unfortunately with 2010, there is no supported method to get your user up and running without a VPN connection to the NLM. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8

Ok fine, now if I connect with the VPN then how it is possible. Please provide the complete steps.

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

There's really no steps.  If you have a VPN connection then essentially your remote client is authenticated on your LAN.  The client would be able to access the NLM directly as if they were in the office.  Simply launch the Autodesk product and go... 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8

I will let you know if any issue comes

Thanks a Lot Dear for helping me.

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

Smiley Very Happy Gotta love terms of endearment.  Hahaha!  I'll chalk it up to translation. 

Good luck! 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report