Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License borrow date range - incorrect date display

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
guylain
500 Views, 4 Replies

License borrow date range - incorrect date display

I am running Autodesk Education Master Suite 2012 and FLEXnet 11.9 on my license server.

I have set a max of 30 days in my adskflex.opt options file when they borrow an autocad license.  When a user does the borrow, if he chooses a date within the 30 days it works, if he goes over the 30 days it will not work.

The issue is that in the area of "Choose within valid date range", it displays a date within 6 months, which seems like the BORROW=4320 indicated in the license file.  It works like it is supposed to, but it does not display the correct date.  Does anybody know if this can be corrected with this license file or do I need to get a new license file?  It is causing confusion when the users borrow the licenses.  I think it worked until I got the latest license file.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: guylain

Your description seems unclear.  If you set the limit to 30 days, then any date they choose in the calendar will be invalid after the 30 day range.  What is your exact issue?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
guylain

I have attached a picture of the borrow screen the users get.  The problem is that it does not display the correct "valid date range"  It is just what is displayed that is wrong, it works like it is supposed to.

Because it displays the wrong date, the users try to borrow it for longer than 30 days because the system tells them they can borrow it until october 21(6 months), but it will not work if the date is longer than 30 days. 

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

The options file won't change the application programming.  It will simply just not allow a license borrow past the 30 days you specify.  The user will get an error.  This is normal and by design.  Thus I would expect if the user picks a calendar date within 30 days, it will borrow.  If the user chooses past 30 days, it will not work.  This is how it is supposed to work.  Just tell the users that the limit is 30 days and that should suffice. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
ampster401
in reply to: TravisNave

coming from a CAD Support perspective, this will generate unneeded support calls - first one I got was just yesterday for Acad Elec 2013.

I tested 2011, 2013 and 2014 and discovered 2013 and 2014 are broke in that they do not update the "Borrow a License" window indicating to the clients that they can borrow a license for up to 6 months but in fact can only borrow for up to 15 days (now 4 weeks as of this morning).

We used to have the valid date range set to about 15 days.  2011 showed this correctly.  Both 2013 and 2014 showed 6 months as the valid date range, but was still honoring or only allowing what 2011 does.

Just this morning we changed the valid date range for all Autodesk products we support to 4 weeks.

Guess what...

2011 updated correctly and now shows 4 weeks as a valid date range.

2013 and 2014 are not updating and still show 6 months as a valid date range.

If this is as designed, it needs to be revised and fixed.

I don't need another "job security" thing as I have enough as it is.

I should add that there are 100's of Autodesk users we support thruout the world and it's easier said than done to notify them of our valid date range.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report