Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License access time out??

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
493 Views, 14 Replies

License access time out??

I have an offcampus user who was using our networked AutoCAD 2007 just fine and now is unable to. He is able to ping the server so we know he can see the connection. Is anyone aware of a timing problem that might exist in attempting to secure a license? If there is, is there any way to extend the timing to avoid timeouts?

Thanks,
JPM
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

It would be good to know the error number that is given when trying to connect.

Also, it is good to make sure that your system time closely matches the server time.

List the error here for more help...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

The error message is:
A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager. Try again. If you are still unable to access a license, contact your system administrator.
Error [1.5.-15]

Thanks for any help.
JPM
Message 4 of 15
TravisNave

Ah, being he can ping it but not connect, it is probably a Windows Firewall issue that is blocking ports 27000 and/or 2080. Common problem.

Turn off the firewalls on both ends or make the appropriate exceptions.

-15 Cannot connect to license server system.
The server (lmgrd) has not been started yet, or the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the TCP/IP port or host name in the license file has been changed.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Travis,
I appreciate your inputs on this, but none of those options for the -15 seem to quite fit. The user was eventually, through repeated attempts, able to secure a license. I told him to go to License Borrow so that he could have a license reserved for a period of time.

I still hold to a theory that there is an exquisite timing problem at work here, but don't know where to go with it.
Message 6 of 15
TravisNave

It's true that there could be a latency problem. Though normally if the workstation can't access the server then it will throw up a box asking to specify the license server system.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

My mistake for leaving that out. It DOES bring up the message box asking for the license system. After the user gives the server name, it responds with the error message above.
Apparently the user is correctly supplying the information since it does get through eventually.

As an addendum, I had another user, who is on travel to the other end of the country email me with the same problem. I told him to repeat attempts and let me know how long it took to get in. He reported back that he got in after about three attempts. I told him to use the License Borrowing feature to eliminate the problem for the rest of his trip.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

I'm not sure if license sharing across different subnets is supported. Does
anyone know?

Typically the server and clients have to be on the same subnet. WAN access
didn't used to be supported.

--Cy--
Message 9 of 15
TravisNave

Works fine our WAN with different subnets.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 15
sfdoggy

Hello JPM,
This is a know issue with AutoCAD 2007.
Here is the fix
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=2475323
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Clark Bennett
www.ideateinc.com
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

Hi,

Autodesk post this articles :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2895697&linkID=2475323

--
Franck Hervet
www.aricad.fr

a écrit dans le message de news:
5337199@discussion.autodesk.com...
I'm not sure if license sharing across different subnets is supported. Does
anyone know?

Typically the server and clients have to be on the same subnet. WAN access
didn't used to be supported.

--Cy--
Message 12 of 15
TravisNave

Exactly. Just read that article and have started passing it out. I see that it has already been posted here. Great!

Should work out!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Great work! Thanks to everyone for taking the time and effort for this. I missed that article completely. I have passed it on to the people having a problem.

JPM
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

So what was the fix for this problem? the links are giving me an error... page has been moved or something.
Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

It's probably this one you look for:
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1057817

--
Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting
Owner/Developer
http://www.jtbworld.com
http://jtbworld.blogspot.com

JTB World offers you software's, custom software development, consulting...
http://www.jtbworld.com/about.htm

JTB FlexReport (FLEXnet / FLEXlm license report tool) -
www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport

AutoCAD 2008
http://www.jtbworld.com/autocad2008.htm

"alexbo" wrote in message news:5742271@discussion.autodesk.com...
> So what was the fix for this problem? the links are giving me an error...
> page has been moved or something.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report