Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop copy of Inventor 2009 Pro not retaining activation.

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
gcurtis68
2052 Views, 10 Replies

Laptop copy of Inventor 2009 Pro not retaining activation.

We have a copy of Inventor 2009 Pro installed and activated on a Win XP X64 desktop with no issues.  Put an additional "away from usual work location" installation on my boss' Win 7 laptop and it indicated that it had activated successfully.  However, it would seem that it is not retaining that activation as it has periodically resubmitted activation requests until recently when it is now infoming us that we have reached our activation limit.  Can anyone offer any ideas as to why this is happening, suggestions, fixes, etc?  Thanks in advance.

Gary

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
gcurtis68
in reply to: gcurtis68

Somebody?  Anybody?  Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 11
philip.s

Hello Gary,

I'm not 100% that this will work, but can you rename the following file by adding a .bak extension at the end of the filename.

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*_tsf.data

Vista/Windows 7
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*_tsf.data

When you restart Inventor and it should automatically re-register and as a result a new adskflex_*_tsf.data file will be created and it will start up as expected.

I also wanted to point out that Inventor 2009 is not officially supported to run in Windows 7, and as such functionality may or may not be impaired.

Message 4 of 11
gcurtis68
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip,

I will give it a try and get back to you.

One question though:  Will I need to contact Autodesk first and have them reset the activation limit after I make the suggested change but before I restart Inventor?

Thanks,

Gary

Message 5 of 11
philip.s

Sounds good and yes, if you're still receiving the activation limit reached error, please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number + request code, or contact our License Assistance team for an activation code.

Message 6 of 11
gcurtis68

Looked in C:\ProgramData and found no FLEXnet directory.  Did a drive-wide search for adskflex_*_tsf.data and there were no matches. 

Message 7 of 11
philip.s

My apologies Gary, as that is the location for 2010-2013 products.

For 2009 the adskflex_*_tsf.data file should be in the following:

XP

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Software Licenses

Vista/Windows 7

C:\Users\All Users\Autodesk\Software Licenses

If that doesn't work, you may want to consider running the software in XP / Compatability Mode to see if it clears up the issue (as previously mentioned, Inventor 2009 is not supported on Windows 7).

Hope that helps!

Message 8 of 11
gcurtis68

Philip,

There are only two files in C:\Users\All Users\Autodesk\Software Licenses.  Neither match the adskflex_*_tsf.data mask that you provided.  They are named B54A5000.dat and B55DF000.dat.  Please advise...

Gary

Message 9 of 11
philip.s

Thanks for confirming. Try deleting all of the .dat files from that folder and restarting Inventor. Once again there is no guarantee that it will work as it's not supported to run on Windows 7.

Message 10 of 11
gcurtis68

Philip,

Deleted license files, restarted inventor and it seemed to recognize that the license files were absent thereby initiating another activation dialog.  As already expected, it responded with the "activation limit reached" error message.  Per your earlier instructions, I have already sent you a private message containing the serial and request code.  Thanks in advance for your time.

Gary

Message 11 of 11
philip.s

You're very welcome Gary and I've just sent you the corresponding activation code via email.

Crossing my fingers!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report