Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lab Environment With Multiple Users Having Issues With Windows 7

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
achapin
637 Views, 4 Replies

Lab Environment With Multiple Users Having Issues With Windows 7

We recently upgraded our CAD lab to Windows 7 and have come across some issues.  We have a multi user classroom.  Before W7 I would install the software using the local admin account, make the customizations I needed then copy the local admin profile to the default user profile.  The students would then get all the customizations I made when they log on.

Windows 7 is very different in the way it handles profiles.  I have tried everything I can think of and still not all of the customizations, file paths, etc. are holding.  I've tried using sysprep, tried using Windows Enabler and tired a straight data copy.   

For instance, right now we can't run Inventor because the default profile didn't hold the location of the Undo directory.  Since these things are per-user changes and we have hundreds of students it is impossible to change them for every user.  

Is anyone else running the Education Master Suite 2010 and/or 2012 on Windows 7 in a lab environment like this?  Has anyone had these issues and found a way to deal with them?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: achapin

We get this one a lot for Inventor.  Please check out this post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Imaging-Inventor-and-Current-Undo-Folder/td-p/276233...

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
achapin

Thanks for the info, but the link only applies to XP.  I've been doing that very thing up until this year when we migrated to Windows 7. 

Message 4 of 5
achapin

A little more info...I need a way for these changes to be in place when the user sits down.  We have several hundred students and having them all run a command or xml file or regedit isn't feasable.  Additionally, our computers are frozen with Faronics DeepFreeze so any changes a user might make will revert overnight when the comptuers reboot. 

Message 5 of 5
david.lau

I think you are just customizing Inventor with a non profile specific folder.  i.e. C:\InventorTemp.  You will  need to create a C:\InventorTemp folder on your Windows 7 computer.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report