Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting prompts to reactivate (Student license)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
wkimball
515 Views, 7 Replies

Keep getting prompts to reactivate (Student license)

I have a student license, which is set to expire in 6 days. Every time I open the program, it prompts me to reactivate the account. I hit the "reactivate" button, a window pops up saying this was successful, but then I continue getting the reactivate warning and prompt every time I open the program. (See attached)

I also combed through the site to see if I could do this online, and all I can find are instructions to *activate* a "Home license" but not reactivate a student license.

How do I know if it's actually reactivated? How do I reactivate a student license? 

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
matthew.d
in reply to: wkimball

Hi @wkimball,

Welcome to the community!

There is no reactivating/extensions of student licenses, you will simply just need to download a newer version of Maya from the education community for a new 3 year license.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 8
Chanel.Oberlin
in reply to: matthew.d

Hello @matthew.d,

I am using Maya 2014 and my student license has expired.

Should I uninstall and re-install the same version or should I uninstall and re-install the new version?

Message 4 of 8

@Chanel.Oberlin

When a student license expires they must request a newer version (2014-2017).   However the 2014 version will be retired in a few months so I would recommend that you don't request that version.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 8

I have requested an re-install Maya. But they sent me with the old expired serial number every time. What should i do?

Message 6 of 8
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Chanel.Oberlin

Hi @Chanel.Oberlin

Did you request a new version of Maya from Education Community?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 7 of 8
Chanel.Oberlin
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Nope, I thought I want to stick with Maya 2014 for few months before I get used of using 2015 in the moment.

Message 8 of 8
natasha.l
in reply to: Chanel.Oberlin

Hello @Chanel.Oberlin,

Thank you for keeping the community updated on your progress. When you are ready to update your software you can use the same Serial Number for all of your product activations. If you requested a new product on the Educational Community(autodesk.education.community@autodesk.com) you should have received an email from them with your Serial Number and Product Key to use to activate the product you requested. 

Thank you for posting on the forum! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report