Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Javascript Error on Start

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
bionic_rocky
2287 Views, 17 Replies

Javascript Error on Start

I have just installed AutoCad LT 2011 trial edition on Windows 7 64Bit.  On start I get an error:

<script type="text/javascript">// var getQueryParam=function(q){var re=new RegExp('&'+q+'=([^&]*)','i'),s=window.location.search;return (s=s.replace(/^\?/,'&').match(re))?s=s[1]:s=''},getCookieVal=function(o){var dc=document.cookie;return(dc.indexOf(o)!=-1)?(dc.split(o)[1].split(';')[0].charAt(0)=='=')?dc.split(o+'=')[1].split(';')[0]:dc.split(o)[1].split(';')[0]:''} var trialDay=getQueryParam('d'); var country=getQueryParam('country'); var filename=location.pathname.split('/')[location.pathname.split('/').length-1]; var cookieName=location.pathname.substr(1).replace('/'+filename,'').replace(/\//g,'_'); var treatmentURL=getCookieVal('IPM'+cookieName); if(parseInt(trialDay)<0){ location.replace('inproduct_thankyou.html?d='+trialDay+'&country='+country) }else if(treatmentURL!=''){ location.replace(treatmentURL+'?d='+trialDay+'&country='+country+'&manual=true') } var mboxName=location.pathname.replace('/'+filename,'').replace(/\//g,'_'); // </script>

This is a Default IPM Content.

You must have Javascript enabled to use this product.

Upgrade
Buy
Exit

I have changed my IE security settings for Internet Zone to allow Active Scripting.  Any suggestions?
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
bionic_rocky
in reply to: bionic_rocky

The error above was autocorrected by the forum software, please see attached screenshot.

Message 3 of 18
angelfall

i have same problem is pissed me offf .............help

Message 4 of 18
txraist

Did anyone ever figure out this bug? It happened to me today. I don't know if it is an IE issue or an issue with autodesk products. I just got the trial for 3ds max and now I can't use it.

~ raist

Message 5 of 18

I too am experiancnig this problem... help?

Message 6 of 18
Slayer1o7

I have the same problem, the 3DS MAX trill was working nicely yesterday night, now i get the same error, I have reinstalled it but with no luck. i have noticed that this problem was posted on the same day so that might mean that there was possible an update that is cussing this. hopefully within a day or two it will work. 

Message 7 of 18
txraist

Could it be a problem with the authentication server on Autodesk's side? 

The URL for the page that we're seeing that says "This is a Default IPM Content" is located at: 

https://ipm.autodesk.com/ipm/3dsmax/2011/enu/index.html?d=30&country=us

You can go there and see the page that we're seeing. 

Message 8 of 18
Slayer1o7
in reply to: txraist

yes that could easily cause our problem not letting us get past the internet window. Some developers fault 

Message 9 of 18
haanzz

Unplugged the internet connection and 3DS Max 2011 launched.  Might work with Maya and others.

Message 10 of 18
txraist
in reply to: haanzz

Clever solution. This also worked for me. Thank you for posting. 

Message 11 of 18
Slayer1o7

yes that is, i should have thought of that 

Message 12 of 18

Yes, thanks for posting, I can also verify this solution.

Message 13 of 18
jporter

I too was receiving the same issue, but with ACAD LT 2011.  Unplugging from the internet works fine, but what's causing it?  Does anyone know? I have three scenerios that I tested:

1. Unplugged network cable, launch software - software works.
  2. Unplugged network cable, launch software, software is running, replugged network cable - software continues to work.
  3. Unplugged network cable, launch software, software is running, replugged network cable, shut down software, relaunch software - software DOES NOT to work.

Any ideas?  We need to be connected to the network for other reasons other than AutoCAD. 

Thanks,

JP

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 14 of 18
haanzz
in reply to: jporter

I believe the trial version goes to https://ipm.autodesk.com/ipm/3dsmax/2011/enu/index.html?d=30&country=us to pull some sort of purchasing or try option.  You'll see the link above produces the same error that everybody is getting.  Without the page working properly, the software can't continue to launch.  Disconnecting from the Internet triggers a bypass of this screen and it launches.  As noted, you can continue to use the software with the Internet connected once it's launched.

That's my guess as to what's going on...Autodesk needs to fix this page soon.  It's tough to recommend dropping $3500 for software (3DS Max in my case) when something so basic isn't addressed for so many days.  What kind of support should I expect after the purchase?  It's like test driving a new car that's spewing smoke and expecting me to buy.

Message 15 of 18
jporter

haanzz,

Thanks for your input. 

JP

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 16 of 18
Vinotheque
in reply to: jporter

Eureka! This works! My company purchased this today thinking this would fix the problem, but it didn't. Disconnecting the internet cable has solved this problem that I have been working on all day.

Thank you!!

Message 17 of 18
Vinotheque

Unplug your internet and then start program. Worked for me.

Message 18 of 18
FCTom
in reply to: Slayer1o7

Add me to the list of individuals experiencing this issue.  I downloaded and installed the 64-bit Windows version of Autocad 2011 today for one of our users to try.  It's on a fully patched Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS.  Java is current on patch levels.  The first time the user fired up the application no issues.  As soon as they closed the application and tried to restart it the erros started coming. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report