Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV2010 will not run after SP 1and 2 install

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
BioSid
513 Views, 10 Replies

IV2010 will not run after SP 1and 2 install

Performed the download Install several weeks ago and it worked fine for about a week.  A couple of days later I did SP1-SP2 install and it has not opened for me since. 

Is this a known problem with the SP installs? What are the solutions?  There are many threads on here citing issues, as it seems each have their own unique solution.

I ran the windows compatibility checker and it came back stating that IV2010 is not compatible with my system.

The only changes made to my system since installing IV2010are windows updates pertaining to system security/Microsoft security essentials.

What is the minimum amount of work that may need done to correct this. 

Hot fixes, workarounds, service packs, duct tape? :smileyhappy: Thanks BIOSid

Sorry for the double post

Build

HPE-350

w7 home premium - x64

I7 - 880 processor

5770 - radeon HD

1TB hard drive 7200rpm

12g memory

1920x1080 - res

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: BioSid

You'll probably have to do a reinstall of Inventor.  Typically I only recommend a service pack be installed if you are experiencing a problem that has been resolved with the service pack.  If it is not broken, do not fix it.  Smiley Wink

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
BioSid
in reply to: TravisNave

It's that simple?  No uninstalling of the software or updates, which is typical but I don't want to make assumptions that those would be the steps to reinstalling. I understand the nature of that saying, if it is not broken don't fix it, but as you know, Murphy and his law would dictate that the updates are preventive measures to alleviate future problems for future users right?  That is why those SP's are put out?  When I first started researching design software I read the importance of SP updates.

Here is the error message after running windows compatibility program.

Smiley Happy

Can you recommend the steps I need to take to remedy this?   Thanks BIOSid

Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Inventor is definitely compatible with your system.  I'd ignore that error.  Just do a repair install from disc and see if you can launch the application. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=13727144

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
BioSid

Yeah, I reviewed the requirements previously and knew my system should work fine, thanks.  I thought that perhaps there was a conflict with the SP updates and the GC driver software.  I do not have a disc, as this is a student version I recently downloaded from Autodesk.  What is your recommendation since I do not have a disc? 

Thanks BIOSid 🙂

Message 6 of 11
TravisNave

See if you can do a repair from Add/Remove programs then from Control Panel.  If you still have your downloaded file, you can use that to install too. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 11
BioSid

Ok, I'll take a look at that and see what happens.  Thanks ~ BIOSid

Message 8 of 11
BioSid

Repair is a nice feature, but it did not work.  I still have the downloaded installation file. 

Do I just reinstall and the program writes over itself, or do I need to perform an uninstall first?

If there are additional steps you feel that need to be taken, please advise.  Thanks BIOSid

Message 9 of 11
TravisNave

For Inventor you'll had to do an uninstall first as it will not overwrite.  Good job keeping the original file.  Just reinstall with that and you should be all set!  Smiley Happy

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 11
BioSid

After going through the uninstall process and cleaning each and every file trace, including the registry, I reinstalled the software and have a working IV2010 program.  I was not able to root cause the issue.  It could have been a corrupt file or a bad first download.  I just did not want to spend the time, though I was successful.  I lost just over two weeks worth of design time. 

Thanks for your replies. :smileyhappy:

BIOSid 

Message 11 of 11
BioSid

********* THIS WAS NOT A SOLUTION **********

It opened immediately after the install.  The next day it would not open.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report