Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Support License for Revit 2012

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
joseph.barron
220 Views, 2 Replies

IT Support License for Revit 2012

I have been asked to support the needs of a group of Revit 2012 Users at one of my clients. We are attempting to configure the Revit Server component so that remote users can talk to a Central Database. From time to time, I may also be asked to troubleshoot connectivity issues with those users, if firewall changes are made, ISP issues, etc. 

As you can imagine, this is impossible to to if I don't have Revit 2012 on a machine that I can use to test. All the users will do is send me an email saying my local model is NOT updating with the central server. Fix it.  I use VMWare Workstation 8.x and have with other clients and applications, installed software for test and troubleshooting purposes. I can verify connectivity, run tests and nail down where the problem is occuring.

But the Client is very nervious about allowing me to do that with Autodesk product due to their reputation in the industry for agressively enforcing their licensing. And obvously the client does not want to spend 5000 Plus for a non-production license of Revit that will be used every 3 or for months for 10 minutes, just for troubleshooting. 

Does AutoDesk have a solution available so that us IT guys can support their clients connectivity needs?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: joseph.barron

you can run revit as a viewer

which doesn't require a license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

the limitation is you can't save, export or publish a modified file

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report