Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It should not be this diificult...What's going on in Toronto?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
donest
171 Views, 1 Reply

It should not be this diificult...What's going on in Toronto?

This started out as a small issue. I have been the contact person for our Alias Surface Studio for many years. Our company name changed, so recently, when my hard drive failed and the PC people here gave me another computer, I had to reinstall Alias. I then got the message that the maximum number of installations had been reached. Naturally, I called. After a 45 minute wait (on hold waiting to talk to someone). I hung up. Called back twice more and finally got someone. The person was rather snitty but gave me a new license and said I HAD to transfer the contact info and company name to the new one. This has to be done on a form, signed by my supervisor, and mailed. We did this but there was a hitch to what we had done. So now we are being asked to get the CEO of our company to sign it!!! This is a half billion dollar company and we do not want to bother the CEO with something so trivial!

The original company was bought by another many years ago and the original is still a division of the parent company. I have had no issues through the years when it came time to by a new maintenance contract and the old name was always used for that. I responded to the customer service email 3 times with the serial number and contract number. The reponse that I got was that I would need the riginal case # which I included twice more but keep getting the same automated (?) email response saying that they can't help without the case number. The case number is  06931122. Is anyone awake up there? If this was a true Autodesk product, and not an orphan child (Alias), I believe I would get a better response.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dagumad
in reply to: donest

Hello donest,

We apologize that you did not receive any notifications regarding your case. It appears your contract manager (Mari) has been working with one of our Autodesk Rep (Kate) to process a Transfer of License. I will send you a private note on specific details of this case.

Donna Daguman
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report