Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
glmossi52
343 Views, 4 Replies

istallation issues

Hello everyone,

I sure hope, no pray there is someone how can help me!

I am a drafitng student, and I am  trying to install AUTOCAD 2012, and Revit architecture 2012, so I an so my assignments at home. I can not seem to get them to install at all!!!

With AUTOCAD 2012, it downloads fine, then I click to open the download, then I click to "run", then I click to "install" then it starts to install.  I seems to be installing ok, however periodically some of the lines in the install are red.  Then when it is done "installing", a dialog box pops up and says   " Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry."  and so I did, and the exact same thing happened again.

What am I doing wrong?

As for Revit 2012, I can't even get it to download let alone install.  I can only get to the point where they give me my Serial and key numbers.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: glmossi52

Hello Geri,

What download methods are you using? Have you tried utilizing one of the alternative methods and or switching browsers?

Message 3 of 5
glmossi52
in reply to: philip.s

I am using just what comes up when I go to autodesk.com I had no idea there are alternative methods of downloading/installing these programs, or switching browsers. what other browser would I switch too? can you help me understand what these things are?
Message 4 of 5
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: glmossi52

Hi Geri,

From what I've gathered based on the information you have provided on this thread you are trying to download from the Education Community site, correct?

When you reach the Download page you will see these options (Install Now, Browser Download), you can choose which method you are more comfortable using, either method should work fine. By other browsers, you can try to access the site and download the software using other browsers (e.g.. Google Chrome, Firefox etc.).

With regard to your error, you can check this link for some troubleshooting steps. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 5
glmossi52
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

thank you. I will try what you have told me, but it will have to be tomorrow, it is late and I have to get to bed, so I can get up for class. thank you, I am anxious to try what you have told me. After I get to trying this tomorrow, will it be you that I will be chatting with? thx agian geri

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report