Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Vault 5 Install

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gmasters
223 Views, 5 Replies

Issues with Vault 5 Install

I own Inventor Series 11. 6 Months ago I updated my desktop to Windows 7. I was given a new Serial number. The install went fine. i was also directed on how to install Vault 5 server since all of my files were stored there.

Recently, my laptop was stolen. The only replacements available are windows 8 machines. Liscensing provided me the necessary information to install the 64 bit version of Inventor 2011. I need to install Vault 5 Server to replicate my desktop. I syncronize the 2 machines when I travel. I am being told by liscensing that my Series 11 has been upgraded to Suite 11 and that Suite 11 doesn't have Vault 5. My issue is that , without Vault 5 Server I will not be able to use my laptop and i have 10+ years of vaulted Data. 

Can someone please help me? The liscensig and activation department sent me to the subscription center. I am not on subscription anymore as we are a very small company that is struggling so I have no way of getting assistance. Please help.

George

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: gmasters

I am confused... are you using Vault 5.0 and Inventor 11, which came out in 2006.....

or, are you using Inventor 2011.  There is about 5 years between these two releases.

In Inventor, go to help>about and paste a screen capture (might want to blot out the serial number).

Message 3 of 6
gmasters
in reply to: karthur1

I am using Inventor 2011 with Service Pack 2 Installed. (64 Bit)

When I open the Vault It tells me it is Vault 2011. The original Install disks for the Vault were Labeled Vault 5. They were included in my original Inventor Series 11. I guess what I need is a way to Install Vault 2011 on my Laptop.

Sorry for the confusion but this has been very time consuming and confusing for me as well.

Message 4 of 6
karthur1

@gmasters wrote:

I am using Inventor 2011 with Service Pack 2 Installed. (64 Bit)

When I open the Vault It tells me it is Vault 2011. ........ I guess what I need is a way to Install Vault 2011 on my Laptop.

Where do you have "It" installed now... on a different computer... or on a server? 

Even if you did install Vault Basic Client 2011 on your laptop, you will also have to install the Vault Client 2011 somewhere.... either on the laptop or on a server that its connected to.  Still a little confused about what you "need". Are you missing Vault Client or Vault Server?

Message 5 of 6
gmasters
in reply to: karthur1

As I review this I realize I have not been complete on my issue. 

I am a stand alone user. I keep duplicate environments, 1 on my desktop and 1 on my laptop, as I travel often. I set each machine up as a Vault Server. I syncronize the 2 machines regularly so I can work from home in the same environment. I do this by backing up the vault and restoring it on the other machine. I then syncronize the working directory using beyond compare.

I hope this helps.

thanks

Message 6 of 6
karthur1

In order to use your vault 5 date with Vault server 2011, it will have to be migrated from Vault 5 to Vault 2011.  Did AD tell you that this migration path was supported?

2013-12-04_1232.png

There were several Vault versions between these two.  Normally, you can jump a couple releases, but migrating between versions that are that far apart may cause problems.  Then again, it might work just fine, I am just not sure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report