Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Installing Maya 2015

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
WiredMike
415 Views, 3 Replies

Issues Installing Maya 2015

Initially I was having an issue installing Maya 2015. A pop-up error would consistently appear letting me know that there was a communication error. I turned off my firewall and anti-virus, made sure I had the proper computer/administrative rights and that I had no network issues on my end. Nothing seemed to fix the problem.

I then decided to change my browser to Firefox (originally Chrome) and it allowed me to install Maya. However after saving and installing the files there was no Maya to be found only Autodesk Download Manager. I tried to download Maya this time instead of installing it and it proceeded to download. However the download stopped at 1.07GBs and won’t not budge. The browser download also didn’t work.

If anyone has any solutions to my problem please post them. I’m running out of ideas and getting really annoyed. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: WiredMike

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
WiredMike
in reply to: TravisNave

I download the Maya 2015 version and had no problems getting the download to go through and getting all the files. However I can't seem to open Maya from anywhere. The files (located in my 😧 drive) are all there but there is no executable which allows me to launch the program.

**I have two hard drives. One is a SSD( C: ) which contains my OS and few other things and the other is my hard drive ( 😧 ) which I store and install everything else. Could it be possible that the install isn't giving an exe. to use since its all on my 😧 I don't see why this would be an issue, but then again I am not the best with computers. 

Message 4 of 4
mea5150
in reply to: WiredMike

I'm having the same issues. I first installed maya 2015 and it worked fine. But there is no mental ray. SO... I found the service packs 1,2,3 and mental ray and downloaded them well when I went to install them I got a pop up error saying there was not a maya file to install to... So i reinstalled same issue with the service packs so then I removed maya 2015 and now it's not allowing me to reinstall or download it again. I now get a connection to the server was interrupted. Can someone please help I've been searching all day to find a fix and I've found nothing but this post which is the closest to my problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report