Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues creating Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2015 - Educational Version

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cpitsoftware
478 Views, 3 Replies

Issues creating Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2015 - Educational Version

Hi Folks,

I have created a deployment of our Autodesk Education Master Collection 2015, for our students (that only have standard user rights) but have found that with our folder redirection, that the application like Simulation Mechanical and a number of other applications will only work once, for a user.

After doing a lot of digging around the internet I found the issues was caused within the registry to theses keys listed below:

autodesk.jpg

If my student account(bjb274) attempts to access Simulation Mechanical the application runs and works as expected BUT, if anyone else logs into the machine Simulation Mechanical, will fail to launch even if you have administrator rights.

If I change the key back to C:\Users\Administrator\etc or to anywhere on the C:\ drive the application works correctly for anyone that logs into the machine.  The issue is when a user logs out this key then gets changed to their redirected profile on the network.

Is anyone else out there having this issue, if so what did you do to get round it?

Cheers,

Bruce Blank

ICT Senior Applications / Images

CPIT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: cpitsoftware

You could try changing the hard-coded path to a system environment variable %userprofile% or something.  Maybe that will always make it pull from the current logged in user's profile location.

Roaming profiles has always been an issue with Autodesk software.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
cpitsoftware
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi,

yes I have tried that but the issue is when a user exits Autodesk Simulation mechanical, it updates the path to the user profile that was logged in.

The only why I have "managed" to get it to work is to set it to a local profile (like Administrator) and then setting deny on the registry hive. Which in my humble opinion is just evil....

Cheers,

Bruce

This email has been filtered by SMX.
For more information visit http://smxemail.com

That too was going to be my evil solution.  Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report