Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISDP 2015 deployment package and multiple user profiles

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
jherriott
1313 Views, 16 Replies

ISDP 2015 deployment package and multiple user profiles

I have built two deployment packages using the Autodesk setup tool -> Create Deployment.  The process works correctly and presents me with the link from a network location to deploy Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2015.  After I install the suite on a system with "User A", Civil 3D opens properly with all the ribbons.  If I log into that same computer as "User B",  the c3d.cuix and corresponding files don't exist which causes a base looking AutoCAD to open without any ribbons.  It is as if the profile information is not copied to the 2nd users profile when opening the software for the 1st time.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
asburyj
in reply to: jherriott

Are there any differences between the users in terms of system permissions or forder redirection of any profile folders?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 17
jherriott
in reply to: asburyj

We are still in testing phase for mass deployment.  All our users are local admins, so there are no differences.  I used the default installation folders and settings.   I was going to use this workstation to develop our custom configuration. 

Message 4 of 17
asburyj

Did you customize any paths during your deployment perhaps? Typically if it works for one use similar users should be fine. If you did customize I would suggest creating a second deployment with default configuration and see if the same issue occurs. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 17
jherriott

The only custom path I have is to save the deploy package to a DFS path for our package deployments.  I did not customize any paths for AutoCAD settings.  I have deleted my current package and rebuilt a new deployment with the same image.  I have been deploying AutoCAD packages since version AutoCAD 14 back in the early 2000's.  I have learned to deploy first and then apply my customizations in a profile and mnu/cuix files.

Message 6 of 17
asburyj

Can you test on a new system installing directly from a downloaded IDSP installer on one of the system and see if the same behavior occurs? This hopefully will show if the problem is related to the deployment install of ig it is a problem with the environment/installer in general. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 17
jherriott

I installed directly from the download and it reacts the same.  Original user works properly while second and third user are missing C3D files in Roaming folder.

Message 8 of 17
jherriott

More details:  I am only installing certain applications of the suite

1.  Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015
  2.  Autodesk AutoCAD MAP 3D 2015
  3.  Autodesk AutoCAD 2015
  4.  Autodesk Revit Structure Content Libraries 2015
  5.  Autodesk AutoCAD Raster Design 2015

Note: Unchecking Exchange App Manager, Exchange Featured Apps plug-in, Autodesk AutoCAD Performance Reporting Tool, and Autodesk BIM 360 Add-in for AutoCAD 2015 from application 1-3 above.

Message 9 of 17
jherriott

Bump - this is still an issue.  Anyone missing c3d files after opening C3D 2015 on the 2nd or 3rd user on the same computer?

James

Message 10 of 17
david.lau

Can you reset Civil 3D?  The instructions are similar to this...

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/07/the-easiest-way-to-reset-autocad.html

David Lau
Message 11 of 17
jherriott
in reply to: david.lau

I have performed the reset steps too.  It still has missing C3D files.  My AutoCAD reseller has been able to reproduce the same issue on his system and posted a case with AutoDesk.

Message 12 of 17
alison.gangler

Hi, To verify what could be happening when launching as the second user, it's important to check the log file for the Content Pack located in the TEMP directory (Start > Run > %temp%), cp_Install.log. Also, how is the application launched by the secondary user? Have you tried launching the application, Run as Administrator? Do the other users on the system have full permissions on the system?

Thanks,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 17
jherriott
in reply to: alison.gangler

All domain users have been set to local admins on our systems with no restrictions.  I have tested launching C3D as administrator. Our reseller went through all the log files and found the issue in the second user log.

Original user: jherriott

Second user: signout

File: MSId886e.LOG

Snippet:

Property(S): ADSK.22DC78B6_9C36_40A0_99DC_65F986235041 = C:\Users\signout\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\
Property(S): WEBSERVICES.22DC78B6_9C36_40A0_99DC_65F986235041 = C:\Users\jherriott\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\WebServices\

It appears that the user variable is getting reset to username that the software was installed on.

Message 14 of 17
jherriott

Original user: jherriott

Second user: signout

Another location with wrong variable:

File: MSId886f.LOG

MSI (s) (58:98) [09:27:16:381]: Executing op: FileCopy(SourceName=C3D.cuix,,DestName=C3D.cuix,Attributes=0,FileSize=298058,PerTick=0,IsCompressed=0,VerifyMedia=0,,,,,CheckCRC=0,,,InstallMode=262144,,,,,,,)
MSI (s) (58:98) [09:27:16:381]: File: C:\Users\jherriott\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu\Support\C3D.cuix; Won't Overwrite; Won't patch; Existing file is unversioned but modified
MSI (s) (58:98) [09:27:16:381]: Executing op: SetSourceFolder(Folder=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\C3D\UserDataCache\Support\)
MSI (s) (58:98) [09:27:16:381]: Executing op: SetTargetFolder(Folder=C:\Users\jherriott\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu\Support\)
MSI (s) (58:98) [09:27:16:381]: Executing op: FileCopy(SourceName=C3D.dll,,DestName=C3D.dll,Attributes=0,FileSize=3900232,PerTick=0,IsCompressed=0,VerifyMedia=0,,,,,CheckCRC=0,Version=10.4.524.0,Language=1033,InstallMode=262144,,,,,,,)
MSI (s) (58:98) [09:27:16:381]: File: C:\Users\jherriott\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu\Support\C3D.dll; Won't Overwrite; Won't patch; Existing file is of an equal version

Message 15 of 17
nate-hunt

We are experiencing the exact same issue. When deployed under user A, and user B logs in user support files are missing.

We have to copy the default files to the correct place to get it to work for user B.

Both users are local admin.

Nate

Message 16 of 17
david.lau
in reply to: nate-hunt

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/12/autocad-civil-3d-2015-blank-ribbon-au-updated-wor...

It is user login issue.  It is not an "admin" issue. 

1. Give end user Admin

2. Copy files before launching as user.  See blog post above.

3..Confirm it works.

4. Revoke Admin (as necessary) and re-test.

David Lau
Message 17 of 17
nate-hunt
in reply to: david.lau

We know how to work around it. (that is what I meant by copy local files)

I was just looking here to see if Autodesk had fixed the issue since I was currently rebuilding my deployment..

And.. its not an admin or login issue.. its a bug with your deployment.

Nate

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report