Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way at all to run AutoCAD on new MBP Retina?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
landon_henson
332 Views, 9 Replies

Is there any way at all to run AutoCAD on new MBP Retina?

I tried downloading a student version of AutoCAD 2012. When I try to install it says SN and Product key don't match. I am assuming this is happening because I am trying to use it with a MBP. If I download the 2013 instead, with that work? 

Should I just use windows via bootcamp and try that?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
philip.s
in reply to: landon_henson

Hi landon_henson,

I'm also showing that this was successfully activated. Were you able to figure out the issue?

You're serial number definitely corresponds to AutoCAD for Mac 2012. Did you verify that you are using the correct Product Key (777D1)? 

Do you see the option to provide a request code?

Message 3 of 10

I have no idea how it was activated becuase I was never able to install it. When I click on the install button it says SN and Product key don't match. Therefor, I was unable to get a request code. I never activated anything.

Hi landon_henson,   I'm also showing that this was successfully activated. Were you able to figure out the issue?   You're serial number definitely corresponds to AutoCAD for Mac 2012. Did you verify that you are using the correct Product Key (777D1)?    Do you see the option to provide a request code?
Message 4 of 10
philip.s

Sorry about that landon_henson,

So there is a know issue right now effecting student licenses of AutoCAD for Mac, resulting in activation errors. 

Please utilize the software in trial mode for the time being and check here for updates.

Message 5 of 10

How do I run the software in Trial mode? Do I do a completely different download for the trial version of the regualar/non-student software?

Thank you for all of the help.

Message 6 of 10

Also, I tried downloading the 2013 verision but still get the same error.

Message 7 of 10

Hi landon_henson:

I am not sure if I have understood your issue correctly. But if you have downloaded the trial version, it shoud ask you to activate or run the program on trial mode. You will have to click the latter option. In case you want to activate, the product key is 777E1 for AutoCAD for Mac 2013. 

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 8 of 10

Sorry for any confusion. I am asking whether or not I am supposed to find the trial version in theducation section or is it in the main website?

Message 9 of 10
philip.s

Hi landon_henson,

All of our software, regardless of where you download it from, will give the option to activate and revert into trial mode if a valid license is not obtained / available.

As mentioned above, there is a know issue right now effecting student licenses of AutoCAD for Mac, resulting in activation errors. The suggested workaround is to download the software and run in trial mode (instead of entering a serial number and product key). 

Additionally, we have found out that after choosing to run the software in trial mode and, after launching it again (once installed), you will be asked to choose again between run in “trial mode” or “activate”. Following the activation process at this point is circumventing the previous issue and allowing for a proper activation.

Message 10 of 10

Thank you. That seemed to work. I have installed the software and will begin using it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report