Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[iOS] New Sketchbook App Help? (Also, couldn't find a Sketchbook section?!)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hopper200456email
519 Views, 3 Replies

[iOS] New Sketchbook App Help? (Also, couldn't find a Sketchbook section?!)

This is related to the Sketchbook app for iOS. If you can't help with that, no reason to read this through. 

First off, I bet you're wondering why I sectioned this here. Well I would put it in the Sketchbook forum section, but I can't FREAKING FIND ONE. 

Sketchbook Rant 1.png

Anyway, back to the main event. 

So I went to use Sketchbook Pro on my iPad 2 the other day (I've been using it for almost 3 years! Created a lot of art and comics on it.) and it tells me that there's a NEW one! Well that's funny, because generally people like to try and FIX the old one first, but hey what the crap WHY NOT JUST MAKE A NEW ONE. 

So I decide to check it out, I mean, hey, an update can't be too bad, right? So I download it and try it out. And great! In app purcheses. Everyone's favorite. I mean it's not like I already PAID FOR THE FIRST ONE, but whatever... 

You know, there are a lot of Drawing Apps, alot of which have really unique features, but there's always 1 feature that is normally in every one... That they allow you to FREAKING DRAW. You see I can't find that on the app. When ever I try to draw, say, ANYTHING, nothing happens. I set up an account (no, I will not buy the extra pens and tools.), I restarted it, I restarted my iPad, I restarted myself, and I still won't draw. It thinks I'm drawing, because I can undo the work I did. Execpt that I didn't actually do anything. 

Also, the toolbar on the left is completly blank for me, is that suppose to be like that? I tried to see if maybe the tool graphics weren't showing up or something, so I tried pushing randomly on the bar, but nothing changes. Also, if you push and hold on that bar, it crashes. So don't do that. 

I AM, however, able to create text. Great! If I wanted to write text I could downloaded the freaking Pages app. 

So please, tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or if I have to do something to make their broken buggy as crap app work. 

If not....

FIX YOUR CRAP AUTODESK.

Oh wait that's what you do, buy something, suck all the money you can get from it, then let it die. 

Please send help. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: hopper200456email

hopper200456email

Hello. You seem upset and something is wrong with your Ipad. Failed install, likely. There is a sketchbook area, but it is a different website.

https://support.sketchbook.com/hc/en-us

My guess is you have something corrupt on your system. Pull your data off the tablet, uninstall and reinstall. If this does not help, you could try to access the install folders (I do not know what they are but will have the program name) and delete, and then reinstall. Past this, a tablet reset will start you over.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 4
mmueck
in reply to: dembkod

I agree with the original poster - I've spent a lot of time trying to locate the SketchBook Pro forums. Please can you just make an obvious link or something. It's just too well hidden... Even the link you just provided didn't help.

Do you actually have any SketchBook Pro forums?
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Does the following link help... https://getsatisfaction.com/sketchbook/topics/changes_for_sketchbook_support

It would appear that the forum for Sketchbbok is not hosted in the main forums. The 1st instance seems to have been hosted in get satisfaction but now has its own forum.

I will raise this at the next Expert Elite meeting to see if there are plans to provide a link on the Autodesk forum page. Would that help?

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report