Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Viewer keeps shuting down.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Grif888
1120 Views, 12 Replies

Inventor Viewer keeps shuting down.

I have recenlty installed the Inventor Viewer 2013. Every time I open a new drawing everything is fine, but when I try to open another drawing the software completly shuts down. Anyone have any answers?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: Grif888

Make sure you have a capable video card running a certified WHQL driver and that you meet or exceed the minimum requirements for the software. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 13
scottmsmith131
in reply to: TravisNave

I am having the same issue I thought with one user, that is not the case. The issue is accrosss the board.  Installed the viewer on my laptop, found I can open the drawings however, if I have a drawing open then I select a new drawing I have the same issue it crashes the program. If I have two windows open it does not (So if I try to open it on top of another drawing it crashes.)

I have verified the Graphics card is compatable, so that is not the isssue. Do you have any other sugestions? Or do I need to roll back to the old version until there is a fix for this isssue?

Thank you
Message 4 of 13
robbeckley

Same problem with my laptop also, Inventor view has been awfull the last 3 releases mostly down to instalition of the .NET, and file association not working.

Rob B.

Win7 64 Pro - Asus P8P67 PRO - i5-2500k CPU O/C@4.5Ghz- OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - 8GB Ram - GTX550 Ti - SpaceExplorer.
Message 5 of 13
katie.ross

Having same issue here across the board.  Hope someone finds a solution soon!

Message 6 of 13
Anderson_K

I have the same problem here, in the same way of yours, every time I open a second drawing the Inventor View close without a message or anything. I try to install in diferents machines but the problem apears in all of them.

Message 7 of 13
mmartin72

I have the exact same problem on all PC's in my organization that run Viewer 2013...even the 2 workstations that are running certified hardware/drivers that create the CAD files.  Autodesk desperately needs to resolve this.  I have 30 plus users that really hate me since I installed the new version...

When can we expect a service pack for viewer to fix the issue?

Message 8 of 13
anderson_ks88

Hello,

After days expecting one resolution of Autodesk I resolved the problem, installing the Inventor (Premium, ultimate) license on the pc I needed the Inventor viewer, this is because the version of Inventor viewer that comes with the license of Inventor (Premium, Ultimate or whatever) works well, so the only thing you need is, Don’t start the Inventor on this machine because your license, only open the drawings with Inventor viewer.

I hope I helped you.

Message 9 of 13
katie.ross

Glad that your solution worked for you but it didn't work for us.  I have Autodesk Premium and still have the issue.

Thanks

Message 10 of 13
mmartin72

Agreed.. That solution did not help us.  We have 2 PC's with 2 licensed versions, 1 ultimate and 1 premium - both with certified hardware and drivers.  Same issue in Inventor Viewer 2013 as the Viewer only PC's.  We can open the drawing once, but the second drawing causes the Viewer to crash.

Message 11 of 13
Anderson_K
in reply to: mmartin72

Hello, After days expecting one resolution of Autodesk I resolved the problem, installing the Inventor (Premium, ultimate) license on the pc I needed the Inventor viewer, this is because the version of Inventor viewer that comes with the license of Inventor (Premium, Ultimate or whatever) works well, so the only thing you need is, Don?t start the Inventor on this machine because your license, only open the drawings with Inventor viewer. I hope I helped you. Descri??o: C:\Users\Anderson\Documents\Template Email\Template_files\image001.jpg Anderson Kusmenkovsky Scheleidres Setor de Projetos (42) 3233-3828 www.granfinale.com.br Esta mensagem pode conter informa??es confidenciais e/ou privilegiadas, de interesse exclusivo do destinat?rio. Se voc? n?o for o destinat?rio ou pessoa autorizada a receber esta mensagem, n?o poder? usar, copiar ou divulgar as informa??es nela contidas ou tomar qualquer a??o baseada no seu conte?do, sendo estes atos considerados ilegais. Se voc? recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor avise imediatamente o remetente, respondendo este e-mail e o apague. Toda e qualquer opini?o e/ou declara??o destinas a pessoas n?o ser?o consideradas oficiais se n?o forem confirmadas por escrito pelo representante legal desta empresa. ANTES DE IMPRIMIR, PENSE NA SUA RESPONSABILIDADE COM O MEIO AMBIENTE.
Message 12 of 13
mucip
in reply to: Anderson_K

Hi,

Yes, we have the same problem unfortunatelly... When I want to open second file than Inventor viewer 2013 crashes!...

I do not think that this problem because of the hardware... By the way when I install the Inventor Viewer 2013 on the machine ipt, iam, idw files should be associated to Inventor Viewer 2013... But it did not. I do not know why?!...

I can not see these files with the inventor icons even!...

Any new update or sp for this problem?!

Regards,

Mucip:)

Message 13 of 13
joshuacathey
in reply to: Anderson_K

Is there a solution to this problem yet?  We are seeing it across the board, including on the CAD workstations which run full-blown Inventor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report