Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Professional Activation Says that the key given doesn't match? WT?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jc435
472 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Professional Activation Says that the key given doesn't match? WT?

I logged into the subscription center and on my downloads.

I cleck on the Inventor Professional 2014 tab and keys it shows my serial / keys for my (educational / personal) licsense and a different one for the 3 seats that the school that I work for just purchased when I click on the keys tab. When I click on the software tab I see a choice of 32 or 64 bit files, but there isn't  anything that says there is a difference between the files for me or for the school. Since i have already downloaded it for me, I used the same files to install on the 3 school computer, and it accepted the serial/key combination listed for the school, and went throught the hours long install. When I start tyhe program and it asks to activate, it tells me that the key doesn't match???

The keys are the same, but the serial# s are different why doesn't it work?

If you tell me that i have to re-download, un-install and re-install ...

Attached are screenshots of the software and serial tabs.. how could I do anything different?

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
grace.liu
in reply to: jc435

Hello jc435 and welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

They have different deployment of the 2 Serial Numbers. The student copy is Standalone and the Educational products is Networked. If you install as Standalone with the Educational Serial Number, it will has the error of invalid Serial Number when you activate. 

The easiest way to correct the deployment after installation would be to reinstall the software and select "Network" instead of "Standalone" .

Should you have further issues with regards to get the license file after you reinstall as networked , you may send me a personal message (Click on grace.liu profile name and then send this user a private message) with your serial number, host name , MAC ID and your registration details.

Tips: For the protection of the information, please do not post your Serial Number, request code or other privacy information in the public forum. 🙂

Thanks,

Grace Liu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report