Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Professional 2015 installation problem

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
ramanagh
687 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor Professional 2015 installation problem

Hello Everyone,

I downloaded the Inventor Professional 2015 student version and got the email with Serial Number and product activation code from Autodesk.  However, when I try to install the product, Inventor will not install.  It only installs the Vault but not the Inventor itself.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: ramanagh

Post the installation log file.  It will help explain the failure.

Also, you don't need Vault.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
ramanagh
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis,

Where would I find the installation log?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

It'll be a link in the failure summary page after install, or you can find
it in your Windows %TEMP% folder.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
ramanagh

Thank you.  I have attached the file.

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

That's odd, it doesn't even seem to be trying to install Inventor.  Is it crossed out before install by chance?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
ramanagh

Exactly.  In the installation flash screen, Inventor is crossed out.  I cannot select it to uncross it.  I could only install Vault. 

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

Hover over the red NO icon and let the tooltip explain to you why it won't
install. Should help.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9
ramanagh

That worked!  I had to uninstall the Autodesk Low Resolution Material Library from the "programs and features" in control panel. 

Now it is installing. 

Thanks so much Travis.  I really appreciate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report