Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Professional 2013 Hangs at Splash Screen

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
rar78
1558 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor Professional 2013 Hangs at Splash Screen

I recently downloaded and installed Inventor Professional 2013 and installed it on my laptop. I start up Inventor, it gets to the splash screen and hangs, leaving my Laptop frozen. Then I have to disconnect power to restart. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, getting the same results. Any ideas here?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: rar78

Inventor takes a long time to start up, especially on underpowered machines like laptops.  Perhaps you should give it some time to see if it finally launches.  The first launch is especially long as it has to build the local registry and user profile files. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
rar78

I tried letting it open like that for over an hour. Still hung up on the splash screen. 

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Check for anything similar to wscommcntr in your task manager processes and kill it.  See if that helps.

For non-license related instances where your Autodesk product starts and hangs, please review this Autodesk KB on the InfoCenter:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15228698&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
rar78

Doesn't look like I have that in my processes. What is puzzling is that Inventor Fusion works, but Inventor does not. 

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

Have you tried launching as a different user?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
rar78

Yepp, still wouldn't launch. 

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave

Message 9 of 9
rar78

Just tried the diagnostic mode and it still hung up. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report