I am in the process of upgrading several of our terminals to Inventor Product Design Premier 2013. We are currently using 2010 and we want to keep it on the terminals because we have suppliers that are not upgrading at this time. The installation of 2013 went smoothly with one exception. After I had moved on to the second terminal the user on the first was making some changes to a 2010 file and noticed that he could not get to the iProperties. It gives us an error message that the file cannot be found. We need to be able to work in both 2013 and 2010. Can anyone tell me how I can get iProperties back in the 2010 version?
If the file was created or upgraded to 2013, there's no way of getting that file back to 2010 to review the iproperties. However, you could export the file to an IGES file and import it back into Inventor 2010 to get the geometry back, but again there won't be any iproperties associated with that file.
Inventor doesn't support backward compatibility, so keep that in mind before opening and saving any files from 2010. If there's a part or an assembly you need from a previous model, I recommend using the copy design function to create a copy of the file and break any links associated with other files in the 2010 project. After the copy design, you could then use that new part or assembly in your 2013 model without breaking your 2010 project.
Hope that make sense...
Thanks for the reply. I am sorry I wasn't clear on my question. It isn't that I wanted to take a file back to 2010 from 2013. We have both on our computers. We kept 2010 because we have several vendors that use 2010 and are not upgrading to 2013 or 2014. The problem was that after installing 2013 we need to do some more work on the project that was left in 2010 (all other projects were migrated to 2013). When we went back into 2010 to work on some of the drawings we found that we could not get to iProperties. It said that the plugin was not installed properly. It had worked fine before installing 2013. We ran a 'Repair' on 2010 and then did a 'Restart' on the computer, but that did not work. However after talking to Autodesk they had us run 'Repair' again and this time shut the computer down and then start it back up. That did the trick as we have no problems with either versions now. Again thanks for your reply to my question.
You're welcome and thanks for clearing that up for me.
It good to see that everything is back to normal!