Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2015 Installer Crashing on Launch

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jcolber2
302 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Pro 2015 Installer Crashing on Launch

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem.

I have the student lisence for Inventor Pro 2015 and I've been having a hell of a time trying to install it. I've tried multiple different methods, and all have various different errors.

The one I came the closest to getting to work though just crapped out on me, and its the one I'm looking to get help with today.

So using the Virtual Help desk I downloaded the installer in its entirety. I then extracted and ran it to test if it would work (others crashed once it came time to install giving some MSIExe error. I spent about 20 hours trying to fix that...) and it did!

The problem came when I had to cancel the installation because it was set to install to my c: drive and not the e: the way I wanted it to.

So here is where I think I went wrong. When the cancel button wouldnt work, I ended the task. And now it just gives an error on launch.

I've even tried rolling back my image and changing my TEMP folder location. Nothing is working.

Any help would be great!

EDIT: I also cleared my TEMP folder multiple times, if that's any help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dembkod
in reply to: jcolber2

jcolber2

Hello. That is an odd error. Corrupt installation, most likely. You need to uninstall the program through the Control Panel and then uninstall again using the MSfixit tool:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall\

At this stage, I would turn off antivirus and then install the software from the browser download files. This is likely already extracted and waiting for you in your c:\autodesk\ folder.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report