Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2015 for Education won't install

42 REPLIES 42
Message 1 of 43
Krathman257
9471 Views, 42 Replies

Inventor Pro 2015 for Education won't install

I've been trying to install Inventor Pro 2015 Student for two days now. Every time I try to, the install stops and tells me the install has failed.

My specs: Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel i5-4440, 4 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 650, 1 TB Hard Drive

The error log is attached. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Please help, and thank you in advance.

42 REPLIES 42
Message 2 of 43
TravisNave
in reply to: Krathman257

If you have Design Review installed, uninstall it.  Also, you might do a custom install and only install Inventor, and not TrueView or any other associated package. 

As always, make sure you install with local admin rights, UAC disabled, and anti-virus turned off. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 43
a.vedel.dk
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi, Travis,

I have a similar problem with Win 8.1. I have also tried to only install Inventor but it still fails.

I have a Lenovo 515S with Win 8.1, 64 bit, AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HD,

I have tried to install directly from the site, and to download first and then install from the HD; neither works.

If I install from the HD, do I still have to turn my anti-virus (McAffee) off?

BTW, what is UAC?

Best regards,

Anders Vedel.

Message 4 of 43
TravisNave
in reply to: a.vedel.dk

UAC = User Access Control.  Turn it off under Control Panel.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 43
a.vedel.dk

Do you mean User Account Control?

I have tried to disable that and the firewall and install only Inventor without the sub-programs; it still won't work.

I'm at my wit's end.

Anders.

Message 6 of 43
TravisNave

Yes, that is what I mean.  Not enough coffee this morning.

Post your installation log file.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 43
a.vedel.dk

Here is the logfile. It doesn't make much sense to me, but hopefully it does
to you. 🙂

Best regards,

Anders.

Message 8 of 43
jessica.t

Hello @a.vedel.dk,

Could you please try the following tips for executing a successful download?:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

Please also see @TravisNave's solution on how to fix 1600 errors. If the issue persists please respond to this post with further details. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 9 of 43
TravisNave
in reply to: jessica.t

Jess is right on, as usual.  As she noted, the 1603 error is due to the C++ 2012 failing to install.  Check out the link she provided.

If the prerequisite is not already installed and installation still fails, then you may need to make an advanced edit to the setup.ini file to ignore the error. Please make sure you manually install the prerequisite file from Microsoft and then modify the setup.ini file accordingly.

For more information on this process, please see my KB article here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Install-NET-Framework-Language-Pack-Failed-Inst...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 43
aht_007

Hi

I can't extract the inventor 2015 exe file and shows the error: "Product download consists of multiple files. At least one file id missing or has not been downloaded yet."

I dont know what to do and what is missing.

Please help

Message 11 of 43
jessica.t
in reply to: aht_007

Hi @aht_007,

Have you tried changing your download method? That often times does the trick!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 12 of 43
llangel
in reply to: aht_007

I have tried to download inventor 2015 both ways and each time it tells me that it cannot install because it is missing files.  Can anyone tell me how to get around this?

Message 13 of 43
DannyHubbard
in reply to: llangel

Check out the following, try using the 3rd option for the Virtual Agent.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/01/quick-start-downloads.html

Once at the virtual agent pick on Download Links, then the product and version you wish to download.

If downloading the 64-bit version of Inventor make sure to download both Part1 and Part2.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 14 of 43

theheheeee my name is Anders too LOL
Message 15 of 43
daramiz
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Having a similar Issue.

Tried installing Inventor (version 2013 - 2015, same issue with all of the above) Using the Install Now or Downlad now options I recieve the install package, but noting occurs when I run the file. (not even a hanging process or anything appearing in my task manager)

Using the Browser download, the file runs, but I recieve the "at least one file is missing or hasn't been downloaded yet"

UAC is off

Firewall & Anti-virus are off

Clerared temp files

re downloaded several times,

tried various slective boot settings,  nothing

Message 16 of 43
Windels
in reply to: daramiz

Having this problem too for days and I'm due to give in an assignment in school, what the **** Autocad. 

The experience with Autodesks installing for BOTH autocad and inventor has been error after error, followed by an absolutely horrendous interface which is a huge red flag to NEVER buy autocad, from now on it's solidwors, and anything NOT autodesk.

F*** you autodesk, your interface and support for users is an embarassment. 

Message 17 of 43
TravisNave
in reply to: Windels

@Windels 

Your first post is a vulgar rant about your product not installing?  If you would simply provide screen shots and installation log files, your fellow peers (like me) would be more than happy to assist you.  But if you've already made the choice to switch to Solidworks, I hope you enjoy your experience.  Thanks for using the Autodesk Community! 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 18 of 43
hazlipa

Hello All!

Here are a couple of common error messages that share that same resolution: "Connection Failure" Network Failed" and Lost Communication" are often due to local anti-virus, firewall, or the download method. The easiest way to resolve is trying a browser download. These can be found in the link below. Please select "Product Downloads" then continue t the version you need!

If you are getting a message about missing files, there maybe be more parts to the download. Please be sure to download all parts completely. They can be downloaded simultaneously, however, please only open part 1 to install when all parts have completed. It pulls information automatically from the other parts, so if it is not complete, it will result in a missing information error.

Autodesk Virtual Agent - Download Links

Please let us know if you are still having trouble. Screenshots of the error are always of most help!!

Ariel Hazlip
Message 19 of 43
ascariz

dont use chrome. use internet explorer. there is two part. this second part not appear on chrome because it use popup. use internet explorer, it will show first part and 'allow popup in this website'. always allow it. and download again. you will see second part.

Message 20 of 43
Sdf236389

Hello I am having a similar issue with the instal in my case it never launches the installer and then tells me to reboot windows

My System specs are as follows:

AMD FX-6300 overclcocked to 4.4 ghz

8 GB of RAM

Nvidia GTX 760 2GB (this is actually a protoype card from MSI long story but this might be the issue)

Windows 7 Enterprise N 64 bit

I have disabled uac and my firewall plus my antivirus it doesnt help

I have Autocad 2014 installed and 3DSMax 2014 and they run fine 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report