Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2011 crashes constantly in windows Vista - help!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
cbamford
1195 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor Pro 2011 crashes constantly in windows Vista - help!

The amount of times Inventor crashes in unbearable, I have stopped sending error reports as they are not helpful and I am unable to send the files they request as they are not supported by windows live email.  Has anyone else had this problem? Please help me!

Thank you,

Cameron.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
frhervet
in reply to: cbamford

Hi,

We need more information.

What is your hardware (CPU, Memeory, video card...) and your software (OS...) ?

Have you a message when Inventor crash ?

Best regards.

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 11
cbamford
in reply to: frhervet

My specs;

HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.5GHz 

2.0GB RAM

32 - Bit operating system

I am using the 32 bit Inventor version.

When the program crashes it comes up with the standard error report asking me to send autodesk the information via email.  Is there anything else you need to know?

Thanks again,

Cameron.

Message 4 of 11
Mark_Wigan

cameron,

do you have the service pack installed for your inventor,

...are you maxed out on cpu and ram whiile you are working (your specs are a bit low but depends if you are only working on one or two parts you hsould be ok).

...are the crashes ocuring only at times when you are trying to carry out specific operations (eg during edit sketch in idw etc).

...make sure your application options / hardware is set to compatibility if you have old hardware. your graphics won't be able to push inventor otherwise.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 5 of 11
cbamford
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

I do not believe my CPU is at max, tonight i successfully ran Safari (on Windows PC) while on Inventor.  Inventor did not crash until I left my mouse above the 'Arc' function (I think it was) and it tried to load the video illustrating what it is.  The program then froze briefly and crashed.  

I have a Nvidia graphics card if that helps.

Message 6 of 11
frhervet

Could you give us the Product number of your HP Pavillion ?

You will find this information where you have your HP serial number.

If you didn't find it, what is your video card ?

What type of object are you making ? Just one part or an assembly ? 

Franck Hervet

S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 11
Mark_Wigan

i read another post today related to crash when clicking on a particular ribbon icon (which spoke about that being fixed in a service pack or hot fix),

the post went on to discuss other possibilities such as 3dconnexion mouse drivers which that particular user was speaking of.

visit the autodesk subscription site and search the support area for downloads perhaps?

does the crash happen randomly or only when hovering on the ribbon?

visit nvidia and download the latest display drivers (sorry if you did that already i couldn't recall)

try going to your control panel \ nvidia control panel and in the 3d settings check if inventor is able to be configured under programs. if so turn off vertical sync.

in your application options, drawing tab, select memory saving mode, and in your display tab, settings, deselect any shading options (if you are in 2011 that is, again apologies if you are not).

best regards,
- Mark

Message 8 of 11
frhervet

Be more explicit on what type of Nvidia card you have .

What is the version of the driver you have ? Perhaps made an upgrade of it.

Franck Hervet

Message 9 of 11
cbamford
in reply to: frhervet

Product Number: FE076PA#ABG

NVIDIA Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Current Installed driver: 187.66

I am currently installing Version 260.99, which hopefully will help .

I went to NVIDIA control panel and turned 'Vertical Sync' to 'Force off' 

I also changed the 3D settings from Highest quality to balanced between performance and quality.

The program, I believe crashes mostly when hovering over a ribbon.  Can i turn off the drop down bars from ribbon icons?

Thanks again,

Cameron

Message 10 of 11
Mark_Wigan

yes you can compact your ribbon and turn off tips and clips (the right side of the ribbon there is a small arrow drop down you can right click on...)

see how that goes.

best regards,
- Mark

Message 11 of 11
Mark_Wigan

your question on the ribbon = yes you can compact your ribbon and turn off tips and clips (the right side of the ribbon there is a small arrow drop down you can right click on...)

see how that goes.

best regards,
- Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report