Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor & MDT 2008 License

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
NateBertram
320 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor & MDT 2008 License

I am running Inventor 2008 with no problem using a network license. However, when I try to use MDT 2008 from the same machine, MDT can't find a license. No other users are using either program. Does an additional license need to be purchased for MDT 2008?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
NateBertram
in reply to: NateBertram

BTW, the error message says Error[1.5.-18]
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

Did you upgrade your NLM to 11.4 for this version? Also, you may need to set your environment variables. MDT2008 uses the exact same license as your AIS2008, so the problem is likely connectivity somewhere.

-18 License server system does not support this feature.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
NateBertram

The only related enviromental variable that I'm aware of is the variable ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE. Are there others that I should look into?
Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

Yes, you might consider the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT of 1000000.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report