Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor LT 2014 Installation will not start

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cdavisdesigns
380 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor LT 2014 Installation will not start

I am attempting to install Inventor on a 2013 MacBook Pro Retina on a Windows 8.1 VM via Parallels 9. Clicking on the setup.exe prompts me to allow changes. When I do so, the allow screen disappears and nothing happens. The install screen fails to appear.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
asburyj
in reply to: cdavisdesigns

Hello and welcome to the forum.

In my experiance inventor 2013 won't work on widnows 8.1. You will need inventor 2014 SP1 for that OS.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

If you don't have a license for that I would suggest putting windows 7 on your VM. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 3
cdavisdesigns
in reply to: asburyj

Thanks for the welcome and the reply in general. I do have Inventor 2014 as per the subject line.

The problem was resolved yesterday thanks to support from Parallels. It was necessary to change settings to isolate Windows from Mac in order to install Inventor. For anyone else having this issue, enter Parallels desktop, select Virtual Machine> Configure>Security tab, check the Integration: Isolate Windows from Mac check box. Install Inventor and start it up in this mode. Once Inventor is activated you can shut it down, go back and integrate Windows and Mac (if you so desire) and Inventor will operate normally - or at least it has for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report