Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Installation Failure - problem with mold flow folder bin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LisaDrago
234 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Installation Failure - problem with mold flow folder bin

A little history - a client has been working to install inventor on 3 different computers and has had major issues on each one.

They have had to wipe the computer and reinstall the os and then try again.

On this latests - after trying to install the software - his computer is blue screening.

He has had issues with the mold flow piece. He says it is the 'bin' sun folder of mold flow that is causing the blue screening.

has had done a clean uninstall and is going to try again without the mold flow.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Thanks -
LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: LisaDrago

if its blue screening

he needs to look at hardware issues

You might also want to try BlueScreenView, a free, portable program that provides information on your recent crashes.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
dembkod

LisaDrago,

Yes. Blue screens are usually hardware faults: bad RAM, disk errors, usually Graphics card driver incompatibilities. Depending on how they built their machines, they could be missing drivers altogether. If you have a Dell, that has custom buttons and ports and such- blank it and just install an OS- you still need all the Dell specific drivers that get all the special buttons and functions running.

I would focus on the Graphics card first. Go to the manufacturer’s website and retrieve the latest driver available and test it. Do not go in the Control Panel and ask Windows to search for the latest driver as it will not find the latest driver from the manufacturer’s site.

Sometimes you can catch a glimpse of a module code on eth blue screen before it shuts down. If you can, search Google on it and it should tell you what you should be focusing on.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 4
LisaDrago

Thank you both for this information - I have passed it on but have not heard anything back... As soon as I do I will follow up.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report