Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor HSM 2015 doesn't appear under CAM

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
p.klompenhower
1026 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor HSM 2015 doesn't appear under CAM

I just installed and updated Inventor HSM 2015, I opened inventor and went to the CAM tab, the attachment on this post shows what happened, I was able to go into the files and open the editor, so it appears files exist but might not be going to the right places. Suggestions, fixes?

Thank You

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I have seen this happen from time to time and haven’t found the root cause. The 1 thing that normally fixes it is to do a repair on your Inventor.

Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, Inventor 2015 (or your version), uninstall/change. Then select repair or reinstall.

Inv_Repair.png

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 3 of 7
adsloud
in reply to: p.klompenhower

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

Can you please just try to close and restart Inventor? If the problem disappears (all the commands are available under CAM tab), it's a known issue for us and has been fixed by the development team. Please pay attention to the next Inventor HSM 2015 Update.

Best Regards,

Debbie Lou

Debbie Lou
Sr. QA Engineer for HSM CAM
Message 4 of 7
p.klompenhower
in reply to: adsloud

This approach worked but not on the first time, it took two tries with a reboot, but it worked.

Thank You

Message 5 of 7
omoikane
in reply to: p.klompenhower

I had a slighly different problem. I installed HSM 2015 but CAM doesn't show up at all.

I tried on a different computer before, and CAM shows up. But on my notebook, CAM won't show up on the menu. All signs indicated CAM was installed (i.e. e-mail confirmation for activation, Uninstall Tool, they all show HSM 2015 was installed). I tried repair, reinstall, uninstall then reinstall, but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer a few times, and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Some additional details: When I installed on my  notebook, because of limited disc space, I installed Inventor Professional 2015 (the mininum without some of the options, etc.). Same with HSM 2015 (just HSM). I didn't even install A360. (See Pic attached.) I full install EVERYTHING on the desktop, which is working, and partial install on the notebook, and not working. So I can't really say if this is what caused CAM not showing up in the menu.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
omoikane
in reply to: omoikane

Slight correction:

In the e-mail, I only got the confirmation of registering Inventor 2015. I never got the e-mail for HSM 2015.

When I installed, I first installed Inventor 2015. I didn't lanuch Inventor at all. Then I installed HSM 2015. Then I launch Inventor.

Not sure if that minor details can tell you anything.

Message 7 of 7
omoikane
in reply to: omoikane

Hi again,

Just to be specific: the problem I am having is after installing HSM 2015, the CAM tab in the Inventor command ribbon is not showing up. I didn't get an e-mail about successfully activating the product on my notebook computer.

I did successfully update Inventor 2015 after fighting the 1603 error. It was just some premission and missing installation media issues, and the Autodesk Application Manager just simply can't update without telling me why. I had to manually install the update and service pack one by one. I think the manager can use some improvment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report