Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Hotfix stalls on installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
karthur1
289 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Hotfix stalls on installation

Trying to install the INV1911 hotfix for Inventor 2015 SP1.  When I run this, it gets started, but then the progress bar gets about 3/4 across and it just hangs.  I have tried it several times and it just will not finish.  I tried unplugging the network cable and it still hangs.

I believe it is machine specific because I have installed this on other machines, this one is just giving me troubles.

I also tried to do a Repair Install on Inventor, Mechanical and Vault Pro on this same machine.  It returns "Repair Failed".

Not sure if these are related or not.  Any ideas on what to do so I can install this Hotfix?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: karthur1

You could try to install it as another user with local admin rights.  Also make sure that antiviru is temporarily disabled. 

No errors or anything?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
karthur1
in reply to: TravisNave

I made sure the the AV was suspened and switch to another administrator account.  Still does the same thing.

It goes thru the "Validating Install", then gets to the "Copying new files..." portion and hangs here. I gave it 10 minutes then cancelled the process.  

I have the hotfix stored locally on the hard-drive was running it from there.  I also tried using the Application Manager to install it and it would not install it either.

install hangs.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report