Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Dynamic Licensing - Factory & Product Suites

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
scottwayand
822 Views, 12 Replies

Inventor Dynamic Licensing - Factory & Product Suites

I'm having trouble getting my 2014 Inventor installation to behave as described here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17437350&linkID=9242018

1. I have PDSP, PDSU, FDSP & FDSU licenses combined (in that order) on my test license server.
  2. I have FDSU installed on my test machine.
  3. When I launch Inventor it immediately grabs a FDSP license.

Based on the article above, I was expecting that even though I have the Factory version of Inventor installed it would grab a PDSP license.  Only when I click on a Factory feature within Inventor would it go to the FDSP license.

Am I misinterpreting the way this should work?  Have I missed a step?  Any suggestions?

Scott

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: scottwayand

according to this http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21379174&linkID=9242018&CMP=OTC-RSS...

inventor grabs a factory premium license first then grabs product premium

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

in 2012 it was the other way

for an unknown reason autodesk changed the order in 2013 & 2014

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
scottwayand

OK, that makes more sense now.  And when did Inventor Professional move from PDSU to PDSP?  Was that this year?

Message 5 of 13
DarrenP

yes it was

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 13
DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

now that i think about  it

2013 product design suite premium added inventor routed systems this was probably the reason for the switch

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

now that i think about it

2013 product design suite premium added inventor routed systems this was probably the reason for the switch

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
scottwayand

So, if FDSP is now lowest on the totem pole, that's where the licenses are going to get pulled first, correct?

And would that be true from a machine that had Inventor Professional installed from a PDSP image as well?  Or would that machine skip over the FDSP license and go right to the PDSP license?

Message 9 of 13
DarrenP

when you first launch inventor it will grab the factory dsp license

then when you swtich to the lets say cable and harness enviroment it will return the fdsp and grab prdsp license

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
eljoseppo

Hi I have a similar problem.

I have FDSP and PDSU licences. I usually work with Factory licence on the factory iam template (to be honest I'm not useing factory assets at all).

Sometimes factory license is not available and when I open some iam based on facory layout Inventor gets crazy. In 2013 I would ask for a factory licence only when I was trying to change something in factory properties.

Now in 2014 it prompt me every 3 sec "Valid licence could not be obtained by the network manager" no matter what I'm doing. Its very annoing. I removed all stuff that was placed using factory "addin", didn't helped. I don't  have AutoCAD file related to my iam file so it's not trying to update something.

What can I do to work on Factory iam file with PDSU licence?

error7.png

Message 11 of 13
eljoseppo
in reply to: eljoseppo

FDSP - factory design suite premium
PDSU - plant design suite ultimate
Message 12 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: eljoseppo

-4 means Licensed number of users already reached.

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
eljoseppo

Thanks for reply,

My case is when I have valid Plant license and I'm out of Factory licences. When I open a Factory file Inventor is trying to get Factory license which is unavailable. Why he would do that?

Please read my post on first page on this thred before you will post something like "there is no license left" or "you need factory license". I did not need factory license to work in factory layout file in Inventor 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report