Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 / Parallels 9 / 64Bit

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gentijo-inventor
686 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2015 / Parallels 9 / 64Bit

I have a late 2011 Mac Book Pro, i7 with 16GB of RAM running Parallels 9 with Win 7 Pro 64 Bit..

I downloaded the 64 Bit version of inventor and it is failling to install. I think it tries to install the 32 bit version

which is not present in the download. I am saying this because it is referencing a file in the x86 directory vs the

x64.  I tried to see there was a specific setting in Parrallels for SSE2 support but could not find anything. From

the windows side, the CPY seems to be self identifying correctly. I have allocated 2 CPU's and 9GB of RAM.

Any ideas ?

See attached screen shot for the error.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I figured this out. I initally installed Inventor on a deticated PC thinking that Inventor running

in a Mac Parallels VM would not be up to the task. After installing it on the PC, I found that

I still wanted in on my Mac. So I put the post expanded setup directory on a USB drive and

tried to execute setup.exe which failed.  Later just to give it a whirl, I put the two self extracting

files on the USB drive and ran them allowing the setup directory to be recreated. For some

reason that seemed to work OK..

The PC is better than Parallels, but performance is OK so far..

-John Gentilin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report