Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 installation failure

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
gramos09
806 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor 2015 installation failure

hey there, so this last week i have been trying to install inventor 2015 into my new laptop(64-bit). i had already installed this software into my old computer(32-bit) with the same 3-yr License, but when the product starts "downloading and installing" it fails to do it within the first 20 minutes. i searched a solution here and it didnt work. i tried this one ---> http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/inventor-2015-installation-failed/td-p/5009960 <----- and it also did not work. 

what my toughts were is that the visual C++ reinstalling would solve my problem but it didnt, i deleted all the visual C++ and re-installed them and it still doesnt let me install inventor 2015.

hopefully you guys can help me, Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
REGGIEO
in reply to: gramos09

I am going through similiar issues trying to install Inventor 2015.

Message 3 of 10
TravisNave

Both of you post your installation log files and it should help isolate the exact issue.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 10
bsorensen86
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi there

I have the same problem, the connection fails and i cant download. It's been going on for some days now.

Have you experienced any problems on your end?

Message 5 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: bsorensen86

If you are having download isues, I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 10
gramos09

im following your video steps but both files seem to be EXE. which one is the one i need to open? part 1 or 2 ?
thanks
Message 7 of 10
TravisNave

Part 1 will automatically open Part 2 for you.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 10
jena.meagher

I just tried downloading Inventor this way since it wouldn't download properly through the product design suite. After downloading, I tried extracting it and it said it was corrupt. I was able to successfully download AutoCAD and 3ds Max in the same process. I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble with Inventor 2015.

Message 9 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: jena.meagher

Did you install it from the Virtual Agent download?  That version should be good.  Also, it is good practice to download and extract it with your anti-virus temporarily disabled. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 10
jena.meagher

I re-downloaded and installation was successful. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report