Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 Blank Activation Screen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
glassis4breaking
1979 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2015 Blank Activation Screen

I recently installed Inventor Professional 2015.  The installation completed without any errors.

When I attempt to open the program, a small, blank window labled "Autodesk Licensing" appears, and Google Chrome opens a blank webpage from /AppData/Local/Temp/RT.Hp4932/RTEaseReAuthBeginReg.html.  Closing the Chrome window does nothing.  Right clicking on the window in the taskbar (called Autodesk component) and closing it causes a new window to open, still labled "Autodesk Licensing".  This window says "Please Activate Your Product.  Thank you for purchasing Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015! You have 29 days to activate your license for Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015.  What would you like to do?"  It then has options to "Try" or "Activate".

Clicking on Activate prompts a new window with the title "Autodesk Licensing" to appear, this one approximately the same size as the last, and blank.  It also opens a Chrome window from /Program Files/Common Files/Autodesk Shared/AdLM/R9/en-US/Webdepot/RTBeginReg.html.  This window has a grey box with the words "Connect with Autodesk and immediately activate your product license (requires an Internet connection)"  Below that is a single radio button labled "I have an activation code from Autodesk".  Below that is a line reading "You can also request an activation code by visiting: https://register.autodesk.com"  Clicking the radio button causes the third line to vanish, but no other changes.  There is no where to enter an activation code, or continue.  Closing the "Autodesk Licensing" window reopens the 2nd "Autodek Licensing" window, with the "Please Activate Your Product" and options.  Closing this window causes the program to exit.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Inventor.  I tried marking the .html files as safe.  I tried installing Internet Explorer 8.  None of these resolved my issue. 

I am using Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 and Inventor Professional 2015.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

For more information on this known Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article, please follow this link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Registe...

Additional discussion about this issue can be found here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Blank-Activation-Screen/td-p/2862508

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
AutoShir
in reply to: glassis4breaking

Hi, I've got the exact same problem,

what was the solution in the end? because I followed the links and their solutions didn't work for me 

Message 4 of 4
in reply to: TravisNave

HI, I have the same exact error. Can someone please post an actual soluotion instead of links? Also, is the mcafee component remover safe to use on a windows 7 pc? How does that work? Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report